Chapter 14

Song: When The Sun Goes Down by Arctic Monkeys

I soak in the dulling sun's rays as I look out from the Astronomy tower

I soak in the dulling sun's rays as I look out from the Astronomy tower. The trees sway slightly with the breeze that's coming off from the lake, it's waters growing darker as the sun sets.

I got here early for our tutoring lesson to get away from everyone for a bit; I was in need of some alone time since Hannah and Susie decided to have a sleepover in my room last night.

Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time...it's just, I'm so used to having the nights to myself that I felt the need to be alone for a little bit.

I take in a deep breath, letting myself fully relax and be at peace. The weather has been getting colder, so I'm wearing a heavier, dark green sweater along with some dark jeans and boots. I also have my yellow and black scarf with me, but took it off because it was too itchy.

"Are you trying to be a Slytherin now? Or just a big fan?"

I turn around, seeing Draco standing there in a black long sleeve turtleneck along with dark slacks. His hands are shoved casually in his pant pockets, and his face is bearing a teasing smirk.

"You wish. This is actually my favorite color," I retort back with the same expression he has.

"That's quite surprising. I thought it would be something obnoxious like bright yellow or pink," he says arching an eyebrow.

I roll my eyes at this. "That is so stereotypical."

"I mean it's no different than other houses saying that Slytherins are only arseholes," Draco replies back.

He's not wrong.

"Well, I mean with the way many of you act, it proves our point," I say sitting down next to my pile of schoolwork.

"Whatever Tonks... shall we get started?" He makes his way over towards me and sits down.

I take out a quill and the parchment I've already written on, realizing Draco didn't bring anything with him.

"Where's your stuff?" I ask him, glancing up at his face. His gaze is on his hands in front of him; everything about him is oddly tense.

"I already finished all of my schoolwork, why would I bring it?" he says almost too casually. His taut jaw is showing me that he is more nervous than calm.

"Oh, I thought you were going to bring it, like you have the past few times," I remark: my eyes still not leaving his face.

"No, I came here to help you with Potions," he says pointing down to my half written essay. He still hasn't directly looked me in the eyes. His tone has also been softer, in a sense. It isn't as harsh and abrasive as it usually is when speaking.

"Are you really, Draco? Please tell me this isn't a set up," I ask him, darting my eyes around as if Crabbe or Goyle are about to pop up somewhere.  He rolls his eyes at this before finally looking at me.