Chapter 16

*NAMJOON'S POV*

I couldn't forget the pain in her eyes I saw that night.

She looked at me in such a way that my heart got taken over by guilt and regret.

I knew I had to tell her about the fact that I was the person whom she met years ago in her school but I felt that I did it in a very wrong way.

Something inside my heart had shattered by the painful look she gave me before leaving my room. And when I saw Taehyung coming out of her room later that night, I felt enraged.

I didn't have any reason to, did I?

Then why did this anger built in me?

Knowing that it was wrong to kiss her back when I loved someone else, I wanted to create a distance between us so that neither of us would end up being hurt.

But never did I ever imagined for it to turn out like this.

Y/n wasn't even calling me by my name anymore. She started maintaining a gap named professionalism between us which strangely made me feel all alone.

More than alone, I was feeling empty. As if I've lost a part of myself.

I wanted to apologize for hurting her like that and don't things out but she wasn't even giving me a single glance.

The whole time during the birthday party, Taehyung kept clinging onto Y/n which I expected from Hoseok but he seemed more like a friend to her.

Did I misunderstand her relationship with Hoseok?

I greeted my teeth watching her getting extremely close to my cousin unnecessarily. Taehyung, on the other hand, kept touching her face every now and then which made my blood boil at 200 degrees Celsius.

[Reality: Y/n was trying to be a little playful so that others don't feel the awkwardness between her and Namjoon. Taehyung kept booping Y/n's nose and pinching her cheeks as he found her adorable and cute. But Namjoon being jealous as fuck, took all these in another way.]

They came up with the idea of playing 'Would You Rather' and it was now Jungkook's turn to ask Y/n.

"So Y/n, would you rather hate the person you love or you let your love, hate you?"

For some reason, she glanced at me for a quick second and turned away immediately when she saw me looking at her already.

"I would let him hate me." She answered.

"Why?" I asked. "Why would you let him hate you?"

Everyone, including her, looked at me in surprise, but she soon replied with a straight face.

"I'd rather hurt myself than hurting him."

Something in the atmosphere felt like she was talking about me. But I shook the thought off my head.

"Tae, would you rather kiss a stranger or kiss a friend?" Y/n asked, turning to Taehyung.

Why is she asking such a question to him?

"I can answer that... but I'd like to show you instead." Taehyung smirked and leaned near her face.

WHY IS SHE NOT MOVING BACK???

DOES SHE WANT TO KISS HIM???

Taehyung laughed. "What is wrong with your face hyung?" He pointed at me.

"M-My face?" I touched my face being confused.

"It has gotten so red." Hoseok tried to contain his laughter.