Chapter 19

The next day ~

*NAMJOON'S POV*

I was at my office, sitting with Soobin as I've called him to have an important conversation.

"I think I like Y/n..." I confessed.

"Woah!~ When did that happen?" Soobin asked in surprise but looked quite delighted. "Well, I saw that coming from a mile away but never thought it'll be this soon! Give me all the details!" He added.

"Yesterday, Y/n took us to her cousin's house and we had a karaoke battle. In the end, I had to compete with her by singing a duet song together." I explained.

"You didn't win, did you?"

"How do you know?"

"Oh, come on! I've heard you singing when you thought nobody can hear you. And let's just say... it wasn't quite pleasing to my poor ears."

I rolled my eyes at his mocking. "That wasn't the case."

"Then?" He raised his eyebrows.

"I messed up the lyrics while singing." I let out. "I mistakenly sang '3 months' instead of singing '3 years', according to the song."

Soobin grinned with a nasty smirk on his face. "Were you thinking about Miss Y/n while singing?"

I nodded being absolutely amazed by how well he knew me. Or was I that obvious?

"While singing, I felt a similar feeling which I've felt years before." I said.

"You mean the feelings you had for Miss Sana?"

"Umm... No. I felt the same feelings again that I thought were long gone but were actually hidden in some corner of my heart till now."

"You have known Y/n for years??" He asked as I muttered a 'yes'. "Then, did you confess your feelings?"

I shook my head. "I want to be true to my feelings before making a decision. I've already made a huge mistake before and I'm definitely not willing to pay the same price of losing Y/n again from my life."

"I have no idea what happened between you two in the past but I can feel that you are doing the right thing now." Soobin gave a warm assuring smile but just then, the door of my office swung open revealing Y/n.

We stood up from our seats with widened eyes as we didn't know whether she had heard our conversation or not.

She came to me with hasty steps as I stood there frozen, not knowing what to say.

"I want to take leave for a week." She spoke.

"W-why?"

"I have my freaking exam in a week and I'm not ready at all!!! Not to mention my enemy for life; Mathematics." She groaned, clearly stressed as well as frustrated.

"You are still struggling with that?" I asked.

"What do you mean? You stopped teaching me after... that... day- Anyways, I have to study and at least try to get enough score to pass somehow." She sighed.

"I'll help you." I said but she scoffed after hearing that.

"Yeah. Right. Every time you say so... it doesn't end up well."

"Trust me. I'll hurt myself but I will never let you get hurt. Never." She looked at me with reddened cheeks while I tried not to smile finding her awfully cute.