Chapter 14

8 PM ~

I got into the particular dress that I picked especially for this occasion when I suddenly remembered that my father gave me a pair of earrings to wear on this occasion. So, I took them out of my suitcase before sliding them through the small holes of my ears.

I slipped into my heels and reached the venue where I kept my eyes open like a hawk, only to avoid meeting Namjoon in every possible way

I greeted Seokjin and his fiancee as I wished them good wishes.

While roaming around the area, I found Taehyung talking with Jimin and I decided to join them, knowing Namjoon would never approach them alone.

"Hey, guys!" I chimed.

They turned to me and greeted back.

"We were just talking about the conversation I had with you in your room, this afternoon." Taehyung answered.

"Ohh. So, Jimin agreed to do this?" I asked.

"Yup. It's Yeontan's Birthday after all." Jimin chimed.

Yeontan is Taehyung's pet dog. Taehyung came to my room earlier for inviting me to celebrate Yeontan's birthday which is the day after tomorrow and I agreed.

"Great! Then I just have to ask Jungkook and Namjoon hyung now." Taehyung clapped his hands in excitement while we chuckled.

"Wait. Namjoon 'hyung'?" I specified the last word because I've never heard him calling that to Namjoon.

"Yeah~ I am his cousin." He responded. "I think you might have met my father too since you work at hyung's company. He is one of the directors there."

"So Namjoon's uncle is your father?" He nodded while smiling.

I was surprised for a second but then I realized that they both actually look quite the same.

The engagement ceremony started but Namjoon was nowhere to be seen. I was getting worried as the time flew by but I tried to assure myself by thinking that he would be somewhere around there.

However, the more I search for him in the crowd, the more panicked I felt as I couldn't find him anywhere.

Deciding to go to his room and check, I knocked on his door and waited for a few seconds until Namjoon opened it while looking extremely distressed. His eyes shot wide when he saw me standing there.

"Why aren't you there at the ceremony?" I asked but he looked away, avoiding any possible eye contact. And that's when I notice the bottles of alcohol on his table.

He was drinking.

"I just didn't feel like it." He replied, firmly.

"You should have been attending the ceremony now. Why are you drinking?"