Chapter 12

Iris pov*

« It's almost time and I am not ready yet" I said

"When do you have to be there?" My mum asked on the phone

"In less than two hours" I sighed looking through my clothes

"Will you go alone?"

"Yes, Evan proposed to pick me up but I refused, The Clarks will certainly need him there"

"Ok in this case be careful, don't drink too much if you have to drive back home" Mum replied

"Yes don't worry mommy" I said with a smile

"Have fun baby and don't forget to send me a photo of you my beautiful once you get dressed"

"Sure, bye Mum"

I run my hands in my hair, stressing about what I will wear. I want something elegant but not too elaborate. I searched once again and my eyes fell on a red jumpsuit, simple, elegant and perfect for this evening.

Last week, Mrs Clark Melinda came to the office to personally to invite me to their wedding anniversary. I didn't ask for how many years they are married. Melinda insisted for me to be present so today is the evening. I am a little stressed to be there in the midst of important people, with Adam around but I love Mr and Mrs Clark too much to not go.

I ironed my outfit and jumped on the shower. One hour later I was ready to go. I looked at myself one last time before grabbing my purse, the flower bouquet for Mrs Clark and my keys. Like every time I came a little late. Everyone was already there. I spotted Melinda and Mr Clark so I walked to them.

"Good evening" I said

"Oh good evening honey" Melinda replied taking me in her arms. Mr Clark greeted me as well.

"Happy anniversary" I added giving her the bouquet

"Thank you Iris, these flowers are beautiful" She said with a wide smile

"How are you and how is work?" Mr Clark asked

"I am good and the work always the same you know" I said softly.

He smiled at me patting my shoulder

"In this case let's forget about work. Make yourself comfortable and enjoy the evening" Mr Clark said.

I nodded and excused myself from them. I walked to a corner looking around trying to find someone I know to make this party more bearable.

"Can I offered you a flute of champagne my lady" I heard a voice behind me. I turned around to face Evan

"Oh yes with pleasure" I smiled at him taking the drink from him

"You are so beautiful Iris" He said after he gave me a kiss on the cheek

"Thank you" I replied shyly

"I didn't see you enter, when you arrived?" He asked

"Just a moment ago, I greeted Mr And Mrs Clark and made my way here"

He nodded. We continued our little chat; I mean he was speaking when I was laughing at his joke.

After a moment I saw Charlotte so I elbowed him. He became all red the moment he laid his eyes on her. I smiled at his cuteness. He turned to face me again.

"You maybe can seize this opportunity to speak to her or just invite her for a date" I said looking straight at him

He scratched his neck and replied