Chapter 11

Iris pov*

Here I am in my bathroom preparing myself for another day and another week for work. After this week end I am not feeling super excited to see my boss but what can I do...

I was in my way to the office when my phone rang I answered without looking at the caller

"Hello"

"I am not coming to the office today so I need some files at my home"

I recognized Adam's voice like always he spoke without greeting. I didn't respond right away so he spoke again

"Do you hear me?"

"Yes excuse me which one do you need" I asked quickly

"All the files you will find on my desk"

"Ok sir"

I was about to hang up when I heard his voice

"Oh yeah I forgot bring breakfast for two don't be late"

"Yes could you just send me your address?"

"Yes" And he finally hang up. I let out a breath and continued my way to the company. I couldn't stop myself to smile when I thought he wanted me to bring breakfast for two, I mean he thought about me he is not this cruel after all.

I quickly went to take the files and the breakfast.

So after almost one hour I was in front of his front door. I arranged myself before knocking. I almost faint when I saw him open the door shirtless with just a pant hanging on his hips. He hasn't any shame. He rolled his eyes at me when he saw my embarrassed look.

"Can you just come in" he said walking back inside.

I followed him slapping myself mentally for my attitude. I was about to settle all the stuff I brought when I heard a woman's voice. I lifted my face to be confronted to Melissa wearing just a shirt a man's shirt to be exact. In this moment I understood why he doesn't want to come to work and more precisely why he wanted a meal for two. I felt so ridiculous how I could think he wanted to have breakfast with me.

Melissa's voice brought me to earth

"Good morning Iris" She said with a smirk putting her hand on Adam's shoulder who was already looking at some file

"Good morning Melissa" I replied softly turned my eyes away

"Wait for me" This was Adam. I nodded

He made his way to his room I think, Melissa followed like a puppy. I sighed and sat quietly.

I heard Melissa saying

"Why you walk out of the room like this"

"What's the problem in that" He replied

"I don't want her to lay her eyes on your naked chest" She complained

"Oh please Melissa this is just Iris who care about her, I will take a shower first"

My heart hurt a little more at his words and the meaning of his words was 'Please Melissa this is nobody you are speaking about'

I waited for him to come back. After that he gave me all the tasks I have to do and told me to go, without a thank you or nothing but I was happy to walk out from there I didn't want to face the bitch playing all lovey dovey with him in front of me

I returned to the company, the day went fast like the week as well I was afraid to see Melissa again at the office but thanks to god she didn't come.