Chapter 24

Iris pov *

I was so tired just so exhausted not from activity, work or even sleepless nights no just from my boss aka Adam Wyatt who decided to follow me everywhere like a lost puppy. If I was in the kitchen making coffee, he wanted a coffee too; if I  was in the living room enjoying some movie he made himself comfortable beside me, if I was reading a book he tried to read over my shoulder. If I went outside for a walk or groceries I found him behind me. The only space where I could be alone was the restroom!

What's wrong with him?! I don't know if he wants to annoy me or what but it's working, I blame my mum for inviting him to stay at our house. The goal for coming here was to have some space from him and now I find myself stuck with him all day. Anyway I was trying to keep cool but I am in the edge to explode in his face. So I am here in my own house trying to escape him, I took my purse in one hand my shoes in the other and tiptoed bare foot from my room trying to reach the main door without making a sound. I smiled when I was about to open the door but was stopped by a voice his voice.

"Iris where are you going?"

I closed my eyes so tight, sighed and turned to face him

"Out to buy some necessities"

"Oh I am going with you" He replied reaching for his phone and wallet

"No need for that" I quickly replied

"I want to accompany you"

"No Adam, I won't be long you can stay and enjoy your time until my return"

"What will I enjoy all alone? Your brother is out and your mother is taking a nap"

Wooah he's better informed than I was, anyway I don't want him with me before I could utter an excuse he spoke again

"Plus I have some purchases to make, let's go" He opened the door and walked in front of me

There you go he is glued at me again, I screamed in my head and make a gesture to throw my shoe at him when he faced me. I quickly bent my arm but he narrowed his eyes at me and asked

"Is everything ok Iris?"

"Ye... Yeah let's go" I said putting my shoes not looking at him.

We made our way to the store in silence, once there the devil inside me decides to play a little with Adam and make him regret his coming. I went to  the women's products department. I started looking at the hair removal product taking my time to choose. He was still following me so I walked towards the sanitary pads. I took two and said acting like I was talking to myself while looking at him from the corner of the eye.

"I don't know which one I am going to take?" After seconds I turned to him placing the two packs in front of his eyes and said loudly

"What do you think Adam, the ones I took usually are out of stock"

I wanted him to feel embarrassed, ashamed. I wanted him to regret following me but my plan failed miserably... He took the pads from me looked at them very seriously and started reading them. I was shocked.

"Maybe you should take the one with the side protectors, you will be more comfortable I think" He replied with a soft smile like as if we had the most normal of discussions. It was me who was ashamed at this moment.

I grabbed the things from him and walked away. We finished our purchases, paid when I said "paid" it was Adam who I referred to. He didn't let me use my card pulling it from my hand.

We were in front of the store when I heard a man calling me I turned to him

"Iris Olsen it's you?" He asked

"Yes, do you know me?"

"Yeah of course it's me... Mike"

I looked at the guy trying to remember him, he added

"Mike Hemsworth we were in the same high school"

"Oh yes Mike of course excuse me I didn't recognize you"

"It's ok how are you doing?" He said

"Fine thank you for asking. You?"

"Good...I am pleasantly surprised you have become more beautiful"

"Thank you..." I replied feeling a little shy

"I am very happy to see you again even if we weren't close back then"

I felt Adam coming closer until his arms were brushing with mine. I smiled at Mike who as looking at me like we were alone in the street. After a moment Adam cleared his throat but Mike ignored him totally and said

"I would love to have a coffee with you, can we?"

I was surprised by his question; I was about to reply when Adam circled his arm on my waist and pulled me more to him. I looked at him with wide eyes finding him glaring at Mike

"No she can't" Adam said coldly

"Another time maybe?" Mike asked again

I felt Adam's fingers deep on my waist. I ignored his gesture

"Yes why..." I was cut by Adam

"No like I said she can't, not now, not later, not ever" He said between his teeth and grabbed my hand pulling me quickly from there. I protested without success until I managed to jerk my hand away.

"What was this?" I asked

"It was clear. No?"

"I beg you to explain" I replied coldly

He let out a deep breath came close to my face and cupped my cheek with his free hand while he was holding the grocery's bags with the other

"I didn't like how he was looking at you or how he was talking to you I didn't like it all"

"And why that?" I managed to ask in spite of the feelings that were exploding inside me

He didn't reply, gave me a side small his eyes diving in mine, put a kiss at the side of my lips, brushed his nose on my neck and walked away. Just like that he walked away and let me glued at my spot. At some distance he turned towards me, came back took my hand in his and started walking. At this time I was the one following him like a lost puppy.