Chapter 3

Iris pov*

I stood straight in silence waiting for him to speak again. He stared at me for a moment and positioned his elbow on the arm chair playing with his pen.

"So like that you are my father's protégé, his exceptional assistant" It sounds like a question but it's better to not answer it

"What makes you so essential that he keeps speaking about you?" He continued

"I...I..."

"I I I you what?" He cut me and asked with a mocked tone. I just bent my head.

"Well I guess if I didn't know how my father is crazy about my mother I will certainly tell that you earn him by getting in his pant!"

I was so chocked by his words that I looked at him with wide eyes

"Oh please don't play the chocked girl with me, like you are a nun when we both know who you really are. But like I said it will be an insult to my parents to think like that... Anyway we unfortunately have to work together so I except from you to respect some rules"

I was counting in my head to don't break down in front of him after his harsh words. He yet thinks so low about me.

"I wait from you to be extra professional with me and my clients. That means no flirting or cheap behaviour. Do you think you can do that?" He asked mocking me

"Yes Sir"

"Good we will see, second thing I want my coffee on my desk at 8 sharp and for you, you have to be at office at 7.30 and I won't tolerate any delays. And for the other thing it will be the same like it was with my father"

I nodded. He stayed one more minute looking at me and returned back to his laptop.

"Do you want you need anything Sir"

He didn't reply so I made my way to my office.

Sitting on my chair massaging my temples I was thinking about all he said. I can't change his opinion about me even if I try again and again. I tried to talk to him 4 years ago and explain everything but he didn't listen so I don't see the necessity to justify again. Only if I could find another work but I know no one will hire me. With this body and appearance I will stay without work. I mean who will want a fat and ugly girl like me. Mr Clark was the one who judged me on my capacities and not on my appearance.

Flashback

It has been 6 months since my graduation and I have only refusals after refusals. Every time I show up for an interview it ends the same way. I can't stay like this, I can't be a burden for my mother I am supposed to be the one helping her not the other way, even if she never say anything I can't continue like this I will try for the last time and if I don't succeed I will look for any work even If it's under my degree of education.

So I prepared myself the better I could, wearing a black dress which end on my knees, with sleeves to the elbow. I did a brushing and put a light make-up.

I was waiting for almost an hour with other candidates. I felt very stressed all this woman beside me were like models I won't have any chance beside them like always I am just wasting my time here.

"Miss Iris Olsen please" A lady said

"Yes"

"Follow me dear"

I entered a nice office where a man in his late forties I thought sat behind his desk. I stopped in front of him

"Good afternoon Sir"