Final

Author pov*

Iris retouched her lipstick, finally done with her makeup. The last touch will be the necklace, not an easy affair she was struggling with the delicate piece of jewelry unaware of her husband's eyes watching her with a soft smile.
He quietly walked towards her and stopping right behind her.

"Let me help you love"

He gently pushed her hair revealing her smooth neck, grabbing the necklace he closed it caressing her skin in the process and finishing his action with a loving kiss in the intersection of  her neck and shoulder, all this looking at her eyes through the mirror in front of them.
I am a lucky man he thought staring at his beautiful wife. She became more and more gorgeous with the years and he was and still is addicted to her. Adam was in his own world silently thanking the Lord for her and Iris was exactly doing the same looking at him with love that only grew with time.

"Thank you" Iris said breaking the silence and facing her husband

"My pleasure" He replied combing her hair with the tips of his fingers.

"I think it's time let's go" She said again stopping their moment. If it was not for the important event she wouldn't mind  staying at home and enjoying the evening with her husband but tonight is so important for her family and company that they had to be in time welcoming the guests.

The events was perfect as they planned it, everyone enjoying their time. Adam and their daughter was discussing with some partners while Iris was keeping company to her father and mother in law. Their age did not allow them to stand for long. She felt a hand on her shoulder

" I am going on stage will you accompany me?" Adam asked her

" No honey you know I don't like it"

"Ok I will be quick" he said kissing her on the cheek. He patted his dad's shoulder and kissed his mother as well before walking with assurance.
Iris couldn't take her eyes off him, he was still the most handsome man, his few gray hairs making him more handsome and manly. She regained her spirit hearing his deep voice.

" Good evening everyone, first of all I want to thank each one of you for their presence. You know that today it is very important day for me, my family and company. After more than thirty years working with you achieving success and prosperity I am more than happy to let my daughter continue this journey..." Adam said stopping to look at Grace

"Some of you met my dear father who was the one to trust and gave me the chance to prove myself and make our company one of the best in the country. So I want to thank him tonight thank you so much Dad for this incredible opportunity" the crowd clapped turning to the old man who was watching his son with adoration. Peter nodded and waved his hand to Adam while his wife put her hand on the old man's shoulder. The love and respect they have for each other didn't fade.

"So it's my turn now" Adam resumed his speech making the room fall in silence again

" Grace my precious daughter it's your time now to continue what your grandfather and I have started. I don't have any doubt that you are more than capable to do even better than us. I am so proud of the wonderful woman you have become"
Adam spoke looking straight to his daughter who was standing near her fiance.Iris' eyes was tearing, above being the perfect son, the perfect husband Adam is the best of best father. He was shy when it comes to express his feelings to his elders and most of the time to his wife but with his children he became the most extrovert one not loosing a chance to tell them how much he loves and cares for them. This trait make his wife love and admire him more and more.

"With all this said I want to thank all our loyal employees for their work. I hope you will support my daughter like you did for me and continue to work with integrity and give your best.Thanks to our partners,my family and of course...my beautiful wife who has the same merit as me, thank you for supporting me during all these years and for continuing to do so. I love you so much... Thank you" Iris smiled shyly at his husband's words.