Chapter 16 - Waiting Too Long

Returning to his senses, Luke took notice of the Vampire's lustful gaze and swallowed hard as he eyed his extended fangs.

Nicholas seemed more focused on the human's mouth though. After a moment, a look of confusion crossed his face and his grip loosened, leaving Luke to stand on his own again. Perplexed, the Archduke pulled a napkin from his pocket and wiped his hand with a disappointed sigh. "You baffle me."

"What?"

"Nothing." The Vampire turned away. "You should fix your pants."

With a blush, Luke quickly reached down and redid his zipper. As he did, the door to the guest room burst open and in walked a flustered Frederick.

"There you are!" His Master huffed, then froze mid-step when he got a good look at what was happening. It took a moment for the pieces to connect, then his face seemed to go from calculating to outraged. "What do you think you're doing?!"

Luke quickly finished doing his pants and grabbed his Jacket. "We were talking-"

"Talking indeed!" Frederick spat scornfully. "Looks like far more than 'talking' happened."

"And if it did?" Nicholas interjected.

Frederick glared at the Archduke before grabbing Luke's arm and pulling him away. "I've had enough of this. We're leaving!"

"But wait, I still have to-"

"Leaving!" The Vampire interrupted his ward as he turned.

A supernatural force abruptly slammed the door shut in his face, and his Master turned to find a very annoyed Nicholas standing behind them. "It doesn't look like he wants to go with you."

"I'm his Master. I know what's best for him, and right now, it's best for him to leave." Frederick argued.

"I disagree."

"Oh you do?" The Vampire huffed in a sudden bout of bravery. "How would your friends feel if they knew you were fooling around with an underaged fledgling?"

Nicholas looked immediately taken aback by that information as the human stood speechless.

"Luke said that he was not a fledgling." The Archduke quickly defended himself. 

"He's only twelve!" Frederick declared, earning an exasperated "WHAT?!" From the human, yet continuing anyways. "Why do you think he doesn't know etiquette? Or most social customs, hmm? It's because he's too young!"

"That's not true!" Luke denied, only for his Master to squeeze his arm painfully.

"Stop lying to him Luke." Frederick growled in warning, taking on some sort of fake parental front. "I'm disappointed that you'd let things go this far."

The human's mouth hung open in shock, unable to believe the blatant lies his Master was telling so confidently.

"As I said." Frederick glanced back at Nicholas. "We're leaving before this gets anymore out of hand." 

With that, the human was dragged out of the room.

Luke managed to cast one last look at the Archduke and found him looking back in confusion, shock, and disappointment. "It's not -" He tried to say, but was cut off by another rough tug on his arm.

Out in the hall, Luke stumbled clumsily behind his Master as the man rushed to leave. Luke made a feeble attempt to free himself from the man's grip, but ultimately found that his attempts were futile.

"Why would you say that?!" Luke demanded.

"I did what had to be done!" Frederick replied without looking back. "You were never supposed to attend these sorts of events anyways. His friends are already curious about your age, so all I have to say is that you're a fledgling and your ignorance won't be suspicious anymore."