Chapter Twenty-One

"We have to warn them!"

Percy's heart thumped against his chest as he arrived at the throne room. He should not be having this adrenaline rush this late at night but here he was, in the throne room, on the verge of a heart attack. He ran to the middle of the throne room summoning Riptide in the process and struck it hard into the ground. The ground shook for a moment as the call for a emergency council meeting was announced.

"Hurry the fuck up!" He yelled as he jumped on his throne waiting for the others. Suddenly there was a flash beside him revealing Artemis who was the first to arrive. She gave him a look of apprehension and was about to say something but was interrupted by the other council members who had finally arrived.

"It's way to late for this." A blearily eyed Apollo groaned out. The others groaned out their agreement. Percy who was not in the mood for their whining slammed his fist against his throne making the whole room shake. That grabbed everyone's attention.

"An attack against New Rome is happening tonight!" He yelled out. Suddenly as if a switched had been flipped every Olympian flickered to their Roman aspect. Percy on the other hand didn't change but instead felt his behavior switch. He felt more stern and warlike.

"How do you know this?" Jupiter questioned. Percy was about to respond but Minerva interrupted.

"The intel from the other camp! You got it. What else did it say?" She asked.

"Now is not the time questions! I'll answer those later. Right now Mars needs to go warn Rome and Mercury needs to warn Lupa before it's to late and they're overrun." Percy said to the council. Jupiter who was usually the one to order the Gods inclined his head to his two sons who immediately flashed away to relay the warning.

"Perseus. Was there anything else about this attack? Who's leading them? How much of their force is attacking?" Jupiter said while twiddling with his beard, a nervous tick Percy came to realize.

"It just said attack New Rome at three in morning of the second Friday of May. That's tonight. But Diana and I read deeper into the intel and found out they have three legions of two thousand soldiers. Two of the legions are led by the Titans Lapetus and Koios. The other by Annabeth Chase and Luke castellan." Percy replied.

"Gods. Two thousand in each legion. That makes us vastly outnumbered. Especially Rome as they have only five hundred in their ranks." Apollo muttered nervously. The other council members shared the sun God's thoughts.

"Should we send the Greeks for reinforcements?They have almost a thousand in their ranks." Minerva asked her father. Again the switch was flipped and the Gods were back to their original forms.

"We can't send in the Greeks! That's Rome's fight, not ours!" Demeter yelled to Athena.

"But we're allies now. We're honor bound to assist them and if Rome falls then the only thing left standing is Olympus itself." Percy pitched in. He knew that Rome was vital to them and felt a sense of loyalty to the Romans after all they'd been through together. By now Ares and Hermes had flashed back into the throne room. The looks on their faces screamed nervousness.

"They're warned and are preparing right now. I didn't see Moros's army but I felt them. I could literally feel the ground shake from their movements." Hermes said.

"It's true." Ares pitched in. "I haven't felt the ground shake like that since Xerxes." He said with a hint of apprehension. The Olympians shifted in their seats nervously. If even Ares was nervous about Moros's army then what chance did their children have. Percy sensing the nervousness and distress in his fellow Olympians stood up from his throne causing all chatter to cease.