Chapter Seven

"Silence! I will have silence in this throne room!" Zeus yelled to his council as they continued to argue to one another. "SILENCE!" He yelled with finality and thunder shaking the room. The council finally became quiet and churned their heads to their king. "Now let us begin. First things first, where is Perseus?" He asked Artemis. Artemis has her gaze on the golden floors debating with herself if she even knew the answer to that. Hades sensing Artemis wasn't going to contribute to the conversation spoke up.

"I sent him on a task for me." Hades answered. Artemis let out a half sneer half laugh.

"A task. No that isn't a task. It's a damn suicide mission." She said disgusted. Artemis's words has peaked Poseidon's interest even more. He had assumed that his son was just late to the meeting. It wouldn't have surprised him since it was Percy their talking about. But this task Artemis speaks of has his anxiety rising.

"What is this task Artemis speaks of brother?" The Ocean God asked his sibling. Hades tried to seem indifferent but everyone could see the flash of nervousness in his eyes for a moment.

"It's nothing too big. And it's nothing to worry about considering your son's abilities and skill set." Hades answered not giving a direct answer to the council.

"Ha!" Artemis let out a humorless laugh. "Oh yeah it's definitely not a big deal. I go down there for my everyday stroll. I just love the everlasting darkness and the whispers of the damned in my ear. You know I'm looking to buy a house down there uncle."

The council was confused on the situation. They never seen Artemis act like this before and never act like this for a male. And where was she talking about that Percy had went to. Poseidon noticed his niece word choice especially the words "down there."

"Hades if I'm thinking of the place you sent my son to I swear on my life I will torture you until your own henchman Thanatos appears to take you from this life." Poseidon said with unmatched fury. Hades leaned back into his throne, he knew of his brothers fury and did not want to be on the receiving end of it.

"He...He's been down there before!" Hades hastily said. This confirmed Poseidon's theory and began to get up, shaking in anger. "He can handle it Poseidon! He's the best warrior Olympus has ever seen for God's sake!" Poseidon seemed not to hear Hades words as he materialized his trident in his hands. Hades could see his brothers eyes had turned a poisonous green and could feel the ground shake as he took each step towards him.

"Peace brother!" Zeus yelled. Poseidon didn't care for his youngest brother words. He will have his revenge for sending his favored son to the depths of hell. He raised his trident and prepared to thrown hit into his brothers mid section.

"He's down there for the five rivers!" Hades yelled as he shielded himself from Poseidon's anger. Some of the council gasped, some looked confused. The only one that was indifferent was Artemis has she had already knew this piece of information. Poseidon put down his trident yet still had the murderous intent on his face.

"What do you mean?" Poseidon growled. Hades purses his lips.

"You know what I mean. I sent him to finally complete the millennia old prophecy." The God of The Dead replied. The younger Godlings on the council were confused but judging by the expressions of the elders in the council this was serious.

"You what!" Zeus yelled at Hades. He was furious at his older brother firstly for sending his nephew down to Tartarus but secondly that prophecy was looking like it might actually become a reality.

"Hold up?" Apollo interrupted the big three with hands raised. "I'm the God of Prophecies and this is something I've never heard of."

"Of course you haven't. None of the younger generation have heard of it!" Hera snarkily replied to Apollo.