Chapter Nineteen

It was around 5:00 o'clock in the evening when Percy woke up in a bed. An actual bed! It may not seem like much but a man learns to appreciate the small things in life when he goes to hell and back. As Percy got up from his bed he looked around at his room. It seemed he had walked back to his own palace after the council meeting and immediately passed out.

"Wow." Percy marveled at the intricate design of the bedroom. He had to give it to Athena on this one. She knew how to build awesome palaces. Deciding to explore more of his palace, Percy exited his room and began to roam the halls. He became more and more amazed at what he saw. A Olympic sized pool, game room, sparing arena, gym, fully loaded kitchen, library, and many more. "Jeez Athena." Percy muttered. This palace was almost to the point of overboard but he supposed this was just the daily life of an Olympian. He hadn't had much time to practice being an Olympian, only a warrior.

Knock Knock

There was someone at the door. It must've taken him five minutes to look around for the entrance as the palace was so big but deciding he had enough he flashed to it instead. Percy swung the massive oak door open and came face to face with the person he dreamt down in Tartarus.

"Artemis." Percy breathed out. It sounded like his breath was taken away, which it probably was considering her beauty. The goddess gave a soft smile.

"Hello Perseus." She replied. The two olympians stood in silence for a moment just staring at each other. Percy sensing the silence in the air broke first.

"What are you doing here?" He asked. Artemis pursed her lips.

"I wanted to make sure you were ok. I know it must be a culture shock being back here considering where you've been for gods know how long. Percy found himself nodding along. She knew exactly what he was feeling.

"Your right. It felt weird actually waking up in a bed today." Artemis laughed at his comment causing Percy to smile. He rarely heard Artemis laugh but when she did, he made sure to remember it. "But yeah I'm fine. Is there anything else?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go get some food before we go to the council meeting. It must be a while since you've had actual good food." Artemis replied and at that moment Percy's stomach decided to rumble. "I'll take that as a yes." She laughed.

"Lead the way my godly teacher." Percy said closing the door behind him.

"Gods that feels like forever ago when I used to train you in your new role as an Olympian." The goddess said as they walked down the golden street.

"It does doesn't it. It probably was forever ago considering how long I was down in Tartarus. Time doesn't exist down there." Percy said as he began to notice the stares from the residents of Olympus. Artemis noticed to but kept her head held high and continued down the path.

"Ignore them. They haven't seen me walk down these streets in a long time and they certainly haven't seen you either since the award ceremony." She muttered as she glared at the men who stared at her.

"It doesn't help that it's you who's walking besides me." Percy replied causing Artemis to stumble slightly in her steps.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She indignantly asked as the pair rounded the corner.

"Your a man hater. And your walking with a man without any malicious intent."

"Who said there's no malicious intent." Artemis said with a wolf like smile. Percy returned with his signature smirk causing Artemis's breath to hitch slightly.

"Considering I still have my family jewels I'd say there is no malice." Both Olympians laughed as they finally arrived at the restaurant.

"Subway." Percy said looking down at the goddess with amusement in his eyes.