Chapter 4: The Next Phase

Walking through the halls both Mayhem and Brother Blood remained silent through most of their walk but when they were nearing their designated location the high priest begins to speak.

"For nearly a millennium, I have bathed in my enemy's blood, and for some mysterious reason, it has provided me immortality. I have often wondered why? Why me?" he said as he looks down at his followers who were doing tests on a group of people that were being restrained by a strange machine.

But the only person that wasn't restrained was a blue eyed, tanned man with blond hair who was standing on a pedestal with a strange circular metal portal behind him.

Hearing his voice, the blonde man and the priest look up at Brother Blood for a few seconds before getting back to work.

"But now I know." Brother Blood said with a smirk.

"It was meant to bring me to this age, this place, this moment, where technology can at last be made to serve my greatness." He said proudly.

He then looks down at a bald nun that was working the control panel.

"Proceed." He ordered.

Looking at him, the balled nun nods her head and quickly starts to turn on the machine.

And as she did, a red glow went through the machines and the people that were being restrained all groan in pain as the feeling of their strength began to leave their bodies until they finally lost consciousness.

Meanwhile the blonde man, just stood calmly as all the power that they retracted from the prisoners went to him and powered the strange metal portal behind him that glowed red.

The blonde man groans as his grip on the arm rests tighten and then lets out another groan as his eyes glowed red.

Powering the machine down, the man groans and pants softly for a few seconds before he slowly walks off the pedestal.

And as he did this, another priest walks over to him with a crowbar and once he was close enough, He raised the crowbar high in the air before hitting the blonde man in the chest.

But instead of affecting him, the crowbar just bounced off his chest like he was as strong as Superman.

And the priest hit him again but this time in the forehead and had the same effect.

Looking at the priest, the blonde man takes the crowbar from him and bends it before holding it up to show Brother Blood.

Who just smiled proudly at how close he is to finally accomplishing his dream.

He then looks back at the nun and said, "You've done well."

And the bald nun held her hand to her chest and lightly bowed to show her gratitude and respect for the High Priest.

"Advance the preparations Mayhem. The time has come for us to move from immortality to glory." Brother Blood proclaimed as he takes his leave.

But before Mayhem followed him, she walks over to look down at their faithful helper.

"Your service has come to an end. Bless you, my son." She stated as she takes out her gun and shoots him in the head.

Which surprisingly was enough to kill him even though he was strong enough to withstand getting hit by a crowbar.

And with that Mayhem finally took her leave to catch up with Brother Blood while the H.I.V.E followers proceed to clean up this mess and deal with the other prisoners.

Meanwhile....
"Could you slow down, Jaime?" Garfield asked as him, Terra, and Yang follow their comrade down the street.

After they went to the gym the bug themed hero didn't want to talk to them, so he just left to go back to his room where he came out 8 minutes later and said that he was going out.