Beatrice

The ocean was a bright blue as the plane circled around the island of Puerto Rico coming down to land and Beatrice couldn't help but smile. After he coronation she felt like she had been swept up into a storm of general meetings, and advisory boards, private audiences and ceremony's to attend. Over the past few months she and Teddy had barley had time together except for their morning tennis games. They had been able to escape to the Eaton's Massachusetts estate once in the three months she had been crowned. But for the next week Teddy's and her families would be on vacation with one press conference at the beginning with a few photos on the beach and then they would be able to go off grid for a few days before returning back to the hectic life in Washington. Looking away from the ocean she saw Teddy was watching her with a gentle smile that made her insides feel warm.
"I don't think I've seen you look that relaxed since Boston," he said.
"I haven't felt this relaxed since Boston, thank you for planing this all Teddy," she said looking down at his hands she read the title of he travel magazine "the secret spots of Puerto Rico"
"Any good spots to try and visit?" She asked
"A few" Teddy said with a secretive smile
"Are you going to share them?" Beatrice teased.
"No, I don't think so, it's going to be a surprise,"

The press conference was set to take  place on the beach. Beatrice wore a light pink floral sundress that matched Teddy's shirt. They smiled for photos on the beach and then her Chamberlain Stacey organized the interview.
"Prince Jefferson where is Daphne?" The first reporter asked.
"She should be coming in a day or two" Jefferson said but his face didn't seem as happy when he mentioned her.
"Princess Samantha is there going to be any big parties this year? Both you and lord Davis are big at the party scene" Another asked.
"No, not this year," Samantha answered
"Queen Beatrice, should we be expecting a wedding soon?" A reporter asked. "Lord Eaton how do you feel about having your wedding canceled?" The reporters started to shout over one another before Stacey stepped in.
"That will be all the questions for this press conference" as Beatrice and Teddy were escorted away from the reporters by the Revere Guards. Once they slipped into the car Beatrice looked at Teddy wondering what he thought about the questions the reporters had asked. She looked at him "Teddy,"
"Yes Bee?" He said then Beatrice decided she would rather discuss weddings later.
"Never mind" she said dismissively. Teddy raised  one questioning brow before he linked his fingers through hers and his thumb rubbed the back of her hand. As they were driving Beatrice noticed their car split off from the rest of the convoy and she jumped up.
"I think we missed our turn," she told the driver. He shook his head
"No your majesty this is the correct route," Beatrice was about to ask another question when Teddy pulled her back,
"I hoped you wouldn't notice, it's supposed to be a surprise. Beatrice gabe him a questioning look.
"What do you mean?"
"Just wait a bit, I promise you'll love it,"

Teddy was right. The car pulled up into the drive of a decent sized house that was hidden from view by a long driveway and gated off.
As they got out Beatrice looked around in amazement.
"Oh Teddy, it's beautiful" she said and then looked to her Protection Officer and motioned to the secondary fence.
"This has all around security and two fences if you stay inside this fence you don't need to be tailed by a security officer, and there is a private beach and pool around the house. If you need security you just have to press 9 on one of the house intercoms. Have a nice vacation your majesty" he bowed one deep bow, then got back in the car. Beatrice grabbed Teddy's hand and ran towards the front porch that was a wrap around. Inside light wood floors brightened the room and a big couch fireplace and Tv were in the living room. A small kitchen was to the side and then a mud room was at the back, to get the sand off before going into the rest of the house. Stepping outside Beatrice gasped at how beautiful the beech was with powdery white sand and gentle waves lapping the shore. To the left she saw a pool and hot tub on the porch and in the back "is that a tennis court?" She asked turning to look at Teddy.
"Yeah, there is also a she's with kayaks and paddle boards and some sand toys to build sand castles," Beatrice looked stunned.
"I've never build sand castles before," she confided.
"We can remedy that, let's go change into swim suits and we'll build the best sand castle ever" he said and they walked back inside.