Beatrice

Beatrice stood before the mirror in the dressing room as the last buttons of her ceremonial dress was done up. Today, a year after her father's death, she was going to crown herself queen. Her fingers twisted the signet ring on her left hand which felt a little to light without an engagement ring as she prepared herself for the crowds. She missed her father but she felt as though he was hovering over shoulder telling her he was proud of her.

Beatrice heard a knock at the door.
"Come in" she called and Teddy walked in with Franklin by his side. He too was dressed out in full ceremonial clothing. His blonde hair and blue eyes filled with pride and affection.
"Ready Bee?" He asked as she stepped away from the mirror to kiss him. Straightening her gown one last time she nodded.
"I miss him," she confided. But the painful ache had slowly subsided to be a dull throb. Teddy nodded and squeezed her hand before motioning to the door. "After you" .

Stepping out she saw Sam and Jeff standing outside the door waiting for her. Jeff nodded to her as Sam pulled her into a light hug, careful not to wrinkle the the gown. Before pulling away "together" Sam whispered into her ear before pulling away. Beatrice smiled in return mouthing a silent thank you before her new Chamberlain Stacey walked in.
"Your Majesty, we are ready when you are,"
"Thank you, I am ready," She gabe Teddy's arm one last squeeze before she watched her family walk into the throne room where she would crown herself. After a few minutes she heard the music play and the bounce doors were opened by the two footmen. Beatrice put on a serene smile and walked slowly to the front of the room. There on a cushion was the crown and by its side the orb and scepter. Carefully Beatrice set the crown on her head before picking up the orb and scepterBeatrice turned to the crowd and swore her oath to the people of America.
" I Beatrice Georgina Fredericka Louise of the House of Washington swear, to protect and serve America until my last breath as Queen Regnant of America"
Beatrice's gaze swept through the crowd of Nobles, High ranking government officials, newspaper editors, until her gaze settled on Teddy who was the first to sink into a low bow and the rest of the crowd followed.
"Long live the Queen" rippled around the room everyone stood in bowing down and curtsying Beatrice took a seat on the throne and then in a voice strong and confident commanded them "rise".

The nobles has lined up and each sworn an oath of loyalty and servitude to the crown as Beatrice sat atop the the throne until the last congratulations had come and gone. Then Beatrice stood and walked to the green room to go onto the balcony to meet her people. Teddy slipped into the room after her and was about to bow but Beatrice caught his arm before he could.
"Please don't bow not when we're alone, we're partners" Beatrice said her voice soft as she stared into Teddy's deep blue eyes.
"Thank you" he said a small smile playing onto his lips as he grabbed her hand and pressed his lips to the inside of her wrist sending tingles up her arm. The door flung open and Sam and Jeff strolled inside followed by their mother and Stacey.
"Are you ready to go onto the balcony your Majesty?" Stacey asked walking to the doors Beatrice followed her and as the doors opened she stepped out and waved to the crowd smiling after a few minute she heard Sam, Jeff and her mother walk out onto the balcony and if the crowd could she felt it got louder. Looking over her shoulder she saw Teddy standing just inside the doorway hidden from view but there. He was too good to her and she realized she wanted him here beside her. Not because she needed him to be Queen, she wanted him by her side because she he was her rock, and she was his but most of all, because she loved him. Beatrice extended a hand to him and his brows furrowed with uncertainty but she didn't withdraw her hand so Teddy stepped out of the shadows and grasped her hand and walked to stand just behind her.
"This wasn't in the rehearsal" he mumbled into her ear after a few minutes of standing by her side. Beatrice let out a laugh and turned to smile at him.
"I want you by my side, because I love you, and you let me be myself not Queen Beatrice but Beatrice, and I know that I already proposed once, but I told you I would do it again, so Teddy, will you marry me?" Beatrice had turned to face him and she watched as Teddy's smile changed from his formal one to a broad grin and his dimple popped out of his cheek.
"Yes," Teddy exclaimed leaning in to kiss her but he paused and Beatrice met his gaze "can I kiss you?" He asked and Beatrice suddenly realized they were on the balcony in front of millions of people.
"Yes," Beatrice said with absolute certainty and brought her lips to his. It was quick and sweet and screams erupted from the crowd when they pulled away.
"I love you Bee" Teddy mumbled as they pulled apart.

Smiling Beatrice gabe her final waves and left the balcony followed by the rest of her family. Beatrice's mother the Dowager Queen shot them both a disapproving glance before walking away to sit elegantly on the one of the couches. Sam came by and nudged Beatrice.
"What was that kiss about?" She asked on brow raised.
"I asked Teddy to marry me again" Beatrice said and Sam squealed in delight.
"I'm so happy for you both, she said before engulfing Beatrice and Teddy in a hug. Jeff walked over his eyes glinting with humor as he extended a hand to Teddy. Who shook it and then pulled Jeff into a hug. A knock on the door sounded before Marshall barged in.
"Why are we squealing?" He asked as he stood behind Sam an arm draping casually across her shoulders.
"Beatrice and Teddy are getting married!" Sam exclaimed and Marshall smiles down at her before looking at the couple.
"Congratulations"