Beatrice

A few months later

The day was here. It was her wedding day. Beatrice felt the butterflies in her stomach as she put on her dress for a second and final time. She was excited, today she would take Teddy to be her husband forever. She loved him and she couldn't wait. As the last of her hair and crown was set and the final wave of hairspray dissipated she stepped down from the platform and went to the window to see the crowd of well wishers.

The throne room was beautiful. White flowers formed wreaths around the arches and autumn colors accented the room. As the wedding march played the double doors opened and Beatrice walked in. As everyone rose she saw Teddy standing at the end of the isle smiling at her as she glided down the isle. When she reached him she extended her hand for him to take. Beatrice had been thankful that he didn't mind that she has to publicly lead their relationship because she was the queen. As the stepped to the alter Teddy squeezed her hand before they turned to face each other. It felt wrong to be standing in the alter without a priest, or anyone to preside over their vows. Had her father been alive, he would have led the ceremony but now, it was up to Beatrice. Looking into his eyes Beatrice started.
"Lord Theadore of the House of Eaton, do you swear to serve and protect, honor and respect, and lay your life down in service to the crown?"
"I do"
"Do swear to protect, honor, and serve Beatrice Georgina Fredericka Louise of the House of Washington as your wife and partner in sickness and in health, in joy and tribulation, until your last breath?"
"I swear to protect, honor, serve, and love Beatrice Georgina Fredericka Louise of the House of Washington as my friend, wife and queen," Beatrice's eyes watered as she swallowed.
"I Queen Beatrice Georgina Fredericka Louise of the House of Washington with honor, love, and respect take Lord Theadore of the House of Eaton and Washington as my husband and consort"
As Beatrice slid her ring on Teddy reached gently for her face placing a gentle kiss that made her knees feel week. Before he whispered into her ear "I pronounce us husband and wife, you may kiss the bride,"

Beatrice smiled even more than she thought possible before letting go of Teddy's steadying arms and walked up a step to look down at him. He kneeled before her his head bowed. As Beatrice pulled out a ceremonial cloak and draped it around his shoulders and turned to take hold of his crown. Facing her audience she spoke
"I present to you Prince Consort Theadore Eaton of house Washington and Eaton" as she set the golden crown onto Teddy's golden head. He rose and turned to the crowd as they all sunk into deep bows and curtsies, he would bow to only one person ever again, his wife.

They walked out onto the balcony hand in hand and greeted the crowds of adoring subjects waving calmly until Stacey signaled they could go in. With one last wave goodbye the new couple stepped inside.
"I think my face may be frozen" Teddy jokes before pulling Beatrice into his side.
"At least it's is a beautiful smile," she said kissing his nose and each cheek before brushing them over his lips. Stacey cleared her throat.
"Your majesty's when you are ready, your suit has been prepared with your travel clothes to go to your honeymoon. And if I may offer my sincerest congratulations"

"Thank you Stacey," Beatrice said smiling at the woman who would help hold the country together while she enjoyed the first two weeks of married bliss. Teddy extended his arm to Beatrice,
"Let us be on our way, I have many plans Bea," he said a mischievous smile on his face as he led her down the hall to their room.