Break Down

It has been about two weeks since the whole scene at Felix's house. Felix had abandoned his little home in the woods to stay at Chan's now empty and broken home. Chan keeps trying to convince the other's he's ok but it's painfully obvious that he's not. Felix was the closest to Chan so that's why everyone agreed he would be the one to help him for a bit.

Within these two weeks alone, Felix has forced Chan to do laundry, eat, and bathe. The first few days were the most difficult. Sure Chan never really slept but this time he REALLY didn;t sleep. You could see how unhealthy Chan had gotten. The dark eye bags almost resembled a racoon. His cheeks were thinning a little and his hair stared matte to itself.

Felix had to pull Chan out of bed and throw him into the bathtub. Felix turned on the shower and if he'd left, Chan probably would have drowned himself. So he took the duty of washing Chan's hair and brushed out the damned tangles out of his blonde locks.

Felix did all the cooking and cleaning for Chan as well. When he first got there, the fridge was barren. Ramen bowls and coffee cups littered the kitchen and the few dishes Chan had left sat in the sink. Chan's dirty clothes piled on the floor so you could no longer see his carpet. Chan wouldn't eat so Felix would make special breakfasts and dinners and would have to force feed Chan like he was three years old.

Felix's third week of taking care of Chan was starting to role in and he felt exhausted. Is this what it's like having a kid? He had thought to himself.

It was currently Sunday 11:30 pm and Chan was actually sleeping in his bed after Felix tucked him in with a thick blanket. Felix on the other hand, plopped himself on the couch just to rest his aching muscles. The moment his eyes start to fall shut, there is a knock at the door.

Felix grumbled as he forced himself to stand up off the couch. On his way to the door, he stepped on a bag that made a loud and obnoxious crunch in the empty hallway. He bent down and picked it up. It was a small bag of chips he tried to make Chan eat. It was still unopened. Felix would have to scold the elder later. He continued the journey to the front door when the knocks grew more hesitant.

He yanked open the door to reveal a short shadowed figure. The other person was about to walk away until Felix opened the door. So when he saw Felix, he stepped back up to the door. This is when Felix got a clearer view.

"Changbin? What are you doing here? Did Chan call you?" Felix asked, very confused.

"Hey Felix. Chan didn't call me but the others thought someone should come and check on you. We haven't heard anything from either of you two for a few days now," Changbin sounded genuinely worried.

"Aw is Binnie hyung worried about me?" Felix teased with his baby voice.

"Tch, no," Changbin rolled his eyes. He was lucky the dark of night concealed the slight blush on his face.

"Oh, would you like to come in? It's kinda chilly outside and Chan's in bed," Felix took a step inside to allow room for Changbin to pass through.

Changbin stepped inside the house. To the shorter of the pair, the house now felt almost eerie to him. He walked through the entryway and into the living room where he sat himself on the couch.

"Want anything to drink?" Felix asked, standing between the living room and kitchen.

"Sure, just water please," Changbin replied with a small smile.

Felix walked into the kitchen and took out two cold water bottles. Then he walked around the couch and sat next to Changbin Cross legged.

"Here," Felix handed one of the waters to Changbin who reached out and took it.

"So um...how are things going here?" Changbin asked, taking an awkward sip from his bottle right after.

"Difficult. Taking care of Chris is like taking care of an actual child," Felix huffed and flung his body backwards to lay on the couch.

"Oh I'm sure you're just being dramatic," Changbin snickered.

"I'm not even kidding. He doesn't eat a lot and i'm surprised he's even sleeping. Besides, i'm pretty sure it's totally normal for someone to act like this after a serious breakup," Felix replied.
"Yeah, I know. How about I stay here a few days and help you so you can catch a break?" Changbin rested his elbow on top of one of the couch cushions so he could face the younger better.

Felix sat there in thought for a moment before sitting back up, which he almost regretted. When he was fully sitting, their faces were only a few centimeters away from each other. Felix placed his hands on the couch cushion and scooted a few inches away from the older. Changbin's eyes hesitantly blinked afterwards. He didn't blink throughout that whole process. It was like he was waiting for something to happen and all his attention was just focused on Felix.

"Um sure. I don't think Chan would mind. You could stay the night here and we ask in the morning or if it makes you more comfortable, you can leave and come back tomorrow," Felix started to ramble on ideas.

"It's ok Felix. I'm comfortable with staying the night here. But where would I sleep?" Changbin asked, searching the now barren living room.

There weren't any pictures on the walls anymore. The butter mint yellow walls held a nightmarish feel. Felix sat there, lips pushed into a pout as he thought. Then suddenly his face lit up as he remembered what they were sitting on. The burgundy couch was one his grandmother gave to Chan as a thank you and house welcoming gift.

"I know! Here, hop up real quick," Felix said as he stood up ecstatically.

Felix pulled the cushions off while Changbin starred in confusion. When the couch was ridden of its pillow casing, Felix pointed to Changbin to help pull it out of the couch. To Binnie's amazement, a functional bed came out of the couch.

"It's called a pullout. My grandma gave it to Chan," Felix said. "We can put the cushions back for pillows and I'll go get some blankets," Felix disappeared down the hall.

Changbin arranged the cushions while he waited. He heard Felix shuffling and a blanket dragging across the floor. Next thing he knew, he was being tackled by a giant fluffy blanket.

"I'm so fluffy~" Felix kept chanting in his tiny voice.

"Lix, get off me," Changbin giggled with a wide, happy smile.

Felix rolled off Changbin with a small thump. He shook out the blanket and then layed it over the both of them once Changbin was ready.

"Comfy?" Felix asked as he rolled onto his side.

"Yes I am. Thank you," Changbin sent him a genuine smile.

"Goodnight Binnie," Felix rolled to his other side.

A few moments had passed and neither of them fell asleep yet. Changbin wanted to say something but what?

"Hey Felix?" Changbin said, unsure if he was even still awake.

"Ya?" Felix lifted his head so he could catch a glance of the shorter.

"I missed you," Changbin whispered into the dark.

"I missed you too. Sorry i've been so busy with Chan," Felix said as he shifted his position once again.

"It's not your fault Lix. I could have come here on my own time but I didn't," Changbin replied, turning his towards Felix.

"Sweet dreams Lixie," Changbin whispered with another smile.

"Sweet dreams Binnie hyung," Felix replied, also with a smile.

-
don't worry guys, Chan will be alright :) also this was completely coincidental but aha me and my boyfriend broke up but it was in my best interest. idk if it's a bad thing or not but i almost felt really happy? when i said i wanted to break up and he said ok.  chapter 10 is coming sooner than you think 👀