Chapter 28 Jackson

Start from the beginning

But I was tackled to the ground. My arm was twisted and I was dragged back into the house. After I got that taste of freedom I was hooked. I wanted more and more of it, but things don't always turn out the way you want them.

I was punished. He knew I hated the shower. For many reasons. I hated it when he made me shower with him. I felt disgusting, I knew it was wrong. He'd make me stand underneath the boiling hot water. The water burned my flesh and I was left with severe burns that left nasty scars.

He told me next time I tried to escape that I would lose my fingers. I never tried again after that. I was scared into submission.
~
The sun rises and I cringe at the light coming from the small window. I stayed up all night letting my guilty thoughts eat me alive. I tried calling Blondie all night, but it rang out. My chest feels heavy and my shoulders are tense.

I was so angry last night, but I shouldn't have let her go with him. I will murder Mark if I find out he tried anything.

I want to scream at Blondie for being so stupid. I still don't understand why she beat the shit out of Paige. I knew she had something up her sleeve as soon as I saw her blue drunken eyes. A part of me felt angered that she was so drunk. Do her friends not know how to watch out for each other? And why wouldn't Blondie take care of herself? I didn't think Blondie would show up to the party because of what happened at the last party.

"Jackson! Someone is here for you!" Dad shouts from upstairs. I groan. I can't catch a break. I throw on a plain white tee and stomp up the stairs. Mom is sipping her coffee giving me a sad look. I furrow my brows at her. What's up with her? I turn my head to the open front door and my heart skips a beat. Nadia.

Her mascara is dried down her face, her eyes are bloodshot, and her hair is knotted. "I-I saw your car in front. I don't know why I knocked. I should go," she says turning to walk away. I quickly jog over to her a gently grab her arm, stopping her from walking any further.

"Don't," I sigh. Her blue eyes look at mine. Sadness and regret flood her eyes. I hesitantly wrap my arms around her and pull her into me. She nestles her face into my chest and clutches the back of my shirt. I faintly hear her sobs and my heart pounds in pain.

After what feels like forever I pull her into my house. She waves at my mom and dad in the kitchen. Mom smiles sweetly and dad nods with his coffee in his hand.

I grit my teeth together until we make it into my room. I drop her hand and suddenly miss the warmth I got from it. Blondie stands in the middle of my room awkwardly as I shut my door. I point to my bed for her to sit and she does. She's still in the dress from last night and her heels are still clutched in her tiny hand.

"Where were you?" I growl and cover up my harshness with a cough. She seems to be in a fragile state and I don't want to make her cry anymore.

"After I left the party I went to Mark's," she says and my stomach twists. "Then I left as soon as I got there. I laid in someone's grass for a while, and I walked for forever. I saw your car and I felt compelled to see you," Blondie says biting her lip. "I'm sorry Jackson," croaks with her eyes pooling with tears again.

I quickly kneel in front of Nadia and grab her face. My thumbs wipe her tears. "Why?" I ask. She didn't do anything to me, if anything I should be apologizing to her.

"I should have done that to Paige. I jus-," she stops herself from speaking.

"You just what?" I ask wiping away more of her salty tears.

"I was jealous. And I know that I'm stupid for being jealous," she says averting her eyes from her. A tiny smile creeps onto my face and I laugh. Her eyes snap back to me and she stares in awe.

"I'm very flattered," I grin. Blondie beat some ass for me.

"Isn't Paige your girlfriend?" Blondie asks with a sad voice.

I shake my head at her. "No, I don't have girlfriends." Blondie looks at me with a hint of relief, but it disappears quickly.

"Why don't you?" She asks fiddling his her hands.

I think to myself before answering. "I'll never be the person they want me to be," I answer honestly.

"I know what you mean," she says frowning. I nod sadly at her.

"Did... Mark try anything?" I ask with my heart thumping up my throat. She looks at me with regret.

"We kissed, and I ran out of his car," she says with a blush on her cheeks. Anger rests in my stomach, but I hold myself together. I feel slightly relieved that nothing else happened.

"Don't ever do some shit like that again. You could have gotten hurt," I hiss. Blondie nods and puts her head down.

I stand up and walk over to my closet. I can feel Blondie's eyes watching my every move. I pull out a black t-shirt with a picture of AC/DC on the front, a pair of sweatpants, and a pair of my briefs.

"The bathrooms on the right," I say giving her the clothes. "You can take a shower if you want."

She nods at me. "Thank you, Jackson," she smiles at me before disappearing down the hall and into the bathroom.

She's my weakness.