Chapter 13

Chapter 13

"Shaurya!" Rohini woke up in the middle of the night, alarming her roommate Shraddha who was sleeping next to her.

Rohini was trembling rapidly, her palms cold from sweat and her forehead dripping with beads of perspiration.

"Rohini, what's wrong with you? Did that bloody Akash scare you in your dreams again?"

"No...no... Shra... Shraddha... I..." Rohini caught hold of her arms. "I am really sorry Shraddha. I have hidden so many things from you. Akash has been threatening to publicize our private pictures if I don't agree to accept him into my life again. He had sneaked into my room last week when you were away for the excursion."

"Really he got that audacity!"

"He even tried to physically hurt me but I somehow managed to escape from the window. Other society members gathered in the compound but before they could catch him, he had fled."

"You didn't bother to tell me anything!" Shraddha's eyes filled with sorrow when she saw Rohini freaking out with rigorous palpitations. "I understand your situation Rohini, we'll definitely find a way out."

"I don't think I'll ever get rid of Akash. He will kill me. He also threatened to harm anyone who stays closer to me." Rohini threw her arms around Shraddha and embraced her as tightly as she could. "I'm afraid that he'll even harm you if you try to help me."

"Don't bother for me at all. I'll be alright." Shraddha caressed her hair. "You need to sleep now. We will discuss it tomorrow."

"But Shraddha..."

"Just sleep I said..." Shraddha commanded in a high voice before putting Rohini to sleep on the pillow next to them. As she gently ran her fingers through Rohini's hair, the latter was fast asleep in her friend's comfort.

Grabbing Rohini's cellphone, Shraddha dialed a number soon after. "Hello, am I speaking to Shaurya?"

"Isn't this Rohini's number? Who are you? Where is Rohini?" Shaurya was getting nervously exhilarated with the sudden call from Rohini's number in the middle of the night and in order to control his excitation, he fisted his other free palm on the side.

"This is Rohini's number and I am her roommate Shraddha. I wouldn't have called you if it wasn't urgent." Shraddha mumbled over the phone. "I'm sending you the address to our place. Can you meet me tomorrow?"

"I'm in Indore these days but don't worry, I'll try reaching Delhi tomorrow by the first emergency flight. If I don't receive a successful booking, I'll visit the day after tomorrow. Will it be manageable for you to wait?" Shaurya asked with concern.

"I can't assure but I think things will be alright over here. You may take a couple of days but please reach as early as possible." Shraddha pleaded, earning a confirmation from Shaurya.

As Shraddha's call got disconnected, Shaurya leaned back on his pillow. Pondering deeply over his thoughts, he murmured to himself, "Shraddha is Rohini's friend and she said that she is her roommate. Does this mean that Rohini is not staying with Akash anymore? What is the cause of the urgency that Shraddha had to call me up at this time of the night?"

With so many unanswered questions clouding his mind, it took so much of his time before he fell into sleep again. He couldn't wait to visit Shraddha and find more about what she wanted to communicate to him.

*****

Shaurya arrived at Delhi by the evening on the following day and checked the address in the message that Shraddha had forwarded to him. As he reached their place, he found Shraddha already waiting for him in the lawn.