Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"In the eyes of the baby is the reflection of it's parents, weaving an adorable web of magical and harmless emotions."

The door to the private ward room clicked open and a nurse dressed in white tunic walked inside with pride, holding both the newborns in each of her arms and greeting Sanchi with a warm gesture.

A beaming pleasant smile radiated from each of Sanchi and Vihaan's mouths as the nurse laid the babies on the cradle next to the bed. Vihaan felt his knees going numb upon witnessing the charming infants in front of his eyes, a thrilling dream of his life coming true.

Sanchi equally felt the magic working in her, the movement of her body freezing for a moment. After a prolonged struggle of finally becoming a biological mother, it was her time to celebrate the outcome of her victory over the real life battle.

The nurse caught their gleaming eyes before speaking aloud, "You both are blessed with unidentical twins, the right one on the cradle is your daughter and the left one is the son. They are healthy but, please make sure that they are taken well care of since they were born a couple of weeks earlier than the due date."

Taking the assurance of both Sanchi and Vihaan, the nurse left the room after leaving the happiest couple to their little bit of privacy with their children.

The most difficult situation was finally here for Vihaan as he initiated his slow and staggering walk towards the cradle, keeping his eyes intact on his miniature babies. His heart thumped the very second his hand touched the handle of the cradle, giving a light swing to the living little legends sleeping in the inside of it.

He was at a lack of speech as his heart tried to capture the most spectacular moment forever, his eyes not wanting to leave their sight at any cost. His baby daughter was snoring soundly in sleep, her tiny fingers curled into fists and her toes barely spread on the blanket. He couldn't figure out what color her eyes were or who she exactly resembled, but he only knew that she was his own little princess who deserved to receive every happiness in the world.

Vihaan gradually shifted his engaging eyes towards his baby son who had his hands stretched barely above his head and his legs crossed together. The baby's eyes were tightly shut and there was a little smile adorned on his innocent face.

"Vih-aan, why don't you pi-ck one of them in yo-ur arms?" Sanchi said with a grin.

"I want to but I'm afraid I'll hurt them. They are so fragile like soft toys that my fingers are already trembling, Sanchi." Vihaan lowered his voice before setting out on his attempt of lifting his daughter in his arms.

Vihaan loved how soft the skin of the baby felt against his, the small of her back forming mild depressions as he held her protectively. Her tiny limbs motioned in random directions when she barely opened her sparkling black eyes only to gaze into her father's light black ones.

A natural warm smile swept across Vihaan's face when he realised that he was living in the moment of sharing a heartfelt gaze with his daughter for the first time, his mind momentarily falling into numbness soon after.

"Hello princess!" He mumbled softly since he was afraid that his high pitched voice might annoy her.

A shriek of loud crying thundered across the walls of the wide room and Vihaan found it difficult to control the weeping infant. He was novice at handling babies, finding it uneasy to either lull the baby or swing her in his arms. With the shrieking cry of the baby girl, his baby son also snapped open his eyes, joining into the weeping mess along with his sister.