Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Crawling across the hallway of the Bundela mansion were a pair of toddlers, playing with their grandparents and chasing them for fun. The twins, Prachi and Rehaan were now more than eight months old and had become the apples of everyone's eye with their innocent charms.

The twins loved to chew their fingers at times or pass their happy moments resting in the laps of their parents. Though Sanchi was the one who used to stay with them throughout the entire day, she couldn't become the favourite of her infants as much as Vihaan was. When their father used to leave for duty and return late in the evening, the toddlers would run into his arms as if they had missed him more than anything in their lives.

Vihaan was equally in love with his children and made sure that he brought them gifts in the form of toys and dresses almost daily. He could not think of missing the chance to see their heartwarming giggling faces when he returned home after a hectic day's work.

After feeding her babies some homemade daliya and yoghurt in the afternoon, Sanchi sat next to her grandmother in the hallway to answer a video call from Vidya. As soon as she received it, two tiny human beings came to her view and she waved at them cheerfully.

"He-llo Dhairya, wh-at are you do-ing baby?" Sanchi asked the two years old son of Vidya.

Dhairya shook his head with a smile upon recognising Sanchi's face on the glancing screen while Vidya peeped into it from his left hand side. "Hi Vanya, he is playing with Nidhi's daughter."

Nidhi gave birth to a baby girl five months ago and Vidya had shifted to Gwalior with her son Dhairya to look after Nidhi during the latter's last trimester. Vidya was staying there since then because she didn't want Nidhi to feel that she was alone being an orphan and had nobody to look after her.

"Nidhi's dau-ghter has also gro-wn up... Oh my God she is so cu-te..." Sanchi laughed when Nidhi's daughter pushed Dhairya's hand out of her way in order to get a clearer view of Sanchi on Vidya's phone.

"She totally resembles Nidhi," Vidya said laughing. "Can you see her rebellious ways to get what she needs?"

"My daughter isn't rebellious but your son is the quiet one." Nidhi joined Vidya in the video call. "Hey Vanya, how are your children doing?"

Sanchi aligned her camera towards the wide floor of the hallway to give them a proper glimpse of her crawling babies before glancing back into the screen again. "I don't kn-ow who your daugh-ter resembles but my bab-ies definitely resem-ble their father. They are as nau-ghty and stub-born as Vihaan is."

"I wish Vihaan were present now to listen to your complaints so that he could have pointed out a hundred and one resemblances of yours in your children!" Nidhi protested, winking at her.

"You hap-pen to take the side of Vih-aan more than mine." Sanchi expressed her annoyance.

Nidhi shrugged amiably. "I do because I have listened to so much of his praises from Arjun that I can't help it. I am basically a supporter of people who own such challenging personalities like Vihaan."

"It's better th-at I don't argue with the pugna-cious personality of Vih-aan." Sanchi frowned, gulping a little.

"Pugnacious!" Vidya gaped wide. "Vanya, you should stop calling him a quarrel creator when I've myself witnessed that you are the one who always initiates arguments with him."

"Are you both form-ing a team aga-inst me?" Sanchi sounded agitated while Vidya and Nidhi stifled a laugh.

Dhairya jumped out of his mother's lap and held Nidhi's daughter's finger in a tight grip, murmuring in his sweet voice, "Aa... Aaru..."