Chapter 4

Chapter 4

"Naina! What are you doing here?"

Words flowed out of Maahir's mouth the moment he saw his old acquaintance Naina outside the Bundela mansion, who was widely smiling at him. She was his eldest cousin's girlfriend before he passed away in an accident and Maahir had known her since then.

"I wonder what you are doing here, Maahir?" Naina said frowning. "You may not know but I used to live in the Bundela mansion for years before leaving for my own house."

"I came to meet someone I knew."

"Sanchi?"

"Do you know her, Naina?"

"I don't know much about her but it seems you know her better than the rest. I heard you calling her as Vanya. Is she someone very special to you?" Naina winked an eye. "You can share with me and I will see what I can do to help you."

"She was my ex-fiancée but we broke our engagement due to some issues." He narrated to her the entire story. "But I don't need your help. She is happy with Vihaan and I don't want to affect her stable life again."

"But it didn't seem like you both are a broken couple. You were too cosy with her while hugging her," she said crossing her arms. "I am sorry to say but I can feel for your poor heart."

"Please Naina, it was just a hug of reconciliation and nothing else."

"I wish I could trust you but I know I can't. Your repenting eyes are speaking of your untold love for her." She raised her eyebrows. "Tell me that you don't care for her and I'll stop lecturing you now."

Maahir lowered his head before asserting, "I do care for her but it's only that... Nothing else... Vihaan is lucky to have her as his wife."

"What if I tell you that Sanchi is not lucky to have Vihaan as her husband? Would you still deny to get involved in matters of her?"

"What are you speaking of, Naina?"

"This can be surprising for you but Vihaan is a traitor. He is betraying Sanchi by keeping her away from his deadly past and is also betraying someone else in the process." She squared her shoulders. "He has also betrayed my younger sister Ashna by throwing her out of his life and replacing it with Sanchi. I wonder if he would also throw Sanchi out of his life after spending some years with her like he did with my sister."

"I can't believe you, Naina. Vihaan had proposed Vanya before a large audience and it is evident that he loves her. He can't betray her, not at all!"

Naina shook her head before narrating him the modified story of her younger sister. "Will you still deny it after knowing the truth?"

"I don't know but I accept that your sister has also suffered a lot." He nodded his head.

"You do accept it, right? But Vihaan's ego will never allow him to own up his heinous sins," Naina said, gritting her teeth. "Don't you want my sister to also get her rights in Vihaan's life?"

"You are not wrong but getting Ashna into his life will spoil Vanya's life. I don't want that to happen." Maahir shook his head. "Vanya was so broken when we had parted ways. Separating her from Vihaan would be too devastating for her. Secondly, I can't let her unborn child suffer because of this. Parting a father from his child is a grave sin."

"Can you not recover Sanchi from the pains of a broken marriage and also use it as a chance to rectify your own mistakes? Can you not commit the sin to unite some other child with her father?" Naina spoke in her fruity voice in order to convince him. "Can you not try to make Sanchi believe you again and give your name to her unborn baby? It won't spoil her life that way and you get to fulfill your wishes that you have hoped for in so many years."