Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Shaurya paved his way all along the hospital lobby, hurrying to meet his favourite sister Sanchi who was fighting with her own life to bring two innocent souls into the vast world. Rohini followed him, walking a couple of feet behind and consoling a worried Shaurya as effortlessly as she could.

"Sanchi and her babies will be just fine Shaurya, you should calm yourself." Rohini prophesised, her voice growing louder with each step.

"How can I?" He trembled, his throat running dry. "My sister is battling for life and I need to reach her as soon as possible. It's only my blood group which matches with hers and she must be in need of it."

"She may not be needing too," Rohini spoke complacently. "If it was any kind of emergency here, Vidya would have informed you over phone."

He shook his head, keeping his pace of walking steady. "Vid didn't tell me anything except for the fact that Vay is going to be operated today for the deliveries. Vid couldn't really disclose bad things to me because I was living far away in Delhi, taking care of you. She thought I was busy with work and would get unnecessarily worried."

Shaurya halted when he saw Vidya conversing with the receptionist at the side of the entrance and placed his palm on top of her shoulder. Her face seemed gloomy and she rested her cheek against her brother's hand as soon as she felt his presence.

"Shay! You are back..." Vidya cried, his shirt soaking with her tears. "Please figure out something for God's sake... It has been five days since Vanya is admitted here and her condition hasn't improved since then. She was under careful observation but didn't go into labor unfortunately. Thus, the doctors have finally decided to operate her even without her husband's consent because of the severity of the situation. But..."

"But what? And where are the family members?" He asked, his eyes rotating around the entire hospital corridor.

Rohini gently elbowed Shaurya's arm. "I think your parents are approaching us from the gate number two."

Shaurya looked in the exact direction from where Hemant and Garima were paving their way into the hospital and he said, nodding his head. "Where is the Bundela family?"

"Mom is worshipping in the temple and dad is discussing with Vanya's physician," Vidya replied before running her hand through Shaurya's collar. "Please explain Vanya at any cost. She is refusing to undergo the surgery until she meets Vihaan. You are her favorite person Shay, I hope she will listen to you."

Garima barged into the corridor and collided with Shaurya, while Hemant joined them a couple of seconds later. Holding his mother by her shoulders, Shaurya briefed in a low voice. "Mom, you shouldn't rush breathlessly like this. You could have hurt yourself!"

"My daughter is facing the most severe condition of her life and how could you tell me to keep my patience?" Garima pushed him away in rage, shooting an indifferent look at Rohini behind them.

Vidya slumped her shoulders before throwing her arms around her mother for the most comforting hug. "Will our Vanya be perfectly fine, mom?"

Garima couldn't answer her as the two ladies had already begun sobbing bitterly into each other's embrace. Hemant was sadly peeking into Shaurya's tensed eyes and couldn't figure out what they were supposed to do.

"Stop PANICKING now!" A loud voice broke the monotonous weepings in the corridor and Shaurya turned towards them, taking in the scenario before him with a huge shocking surprise.

"Dheeraj! And... VIHAAN?" Shaurya jumped on his toes and ran towards the pair of brothers emerging together, embracing each one of them gracefully.