Stop It

There he goes again. Unwrapping the stick of gum. Placing it in his mouth and chewing it. The smell of spearmint surrounding the boy as he chews.

Choi Jiung. The boy who's known to chew gum in anytime of the day. No matter the occasion.

Whether he was getting scolded by a teacher for chewing gum or when in the middle of running laps during P.E. The boy always had gum.

Hwang Intak. The boy who dislikes the bubble gum. And he would always express it to his friend. Telling him to stop chewing it.

He just didn't like the texture of the gum. The natural latex just makes his tongue and mouth feel weird.

And seeing other people chew just made him uncomfortable.

"Spit it out." Intak whispers next to Jiung.

The boy looks over for a second and then back to the front of the class. A smile on his face as he answers his friend.

"No."

Intak rolls his eyes. Why should he even bother? Jiung never listens.

"You know how I feel about gum." Intak continues to say, looking at Jiung from the corner of his eye.

The teachers lecture fading out as the two speak.

Jiung nods and then starts to blow a bubble. The light green gum growing in a small size before he pops it.

The loud popping sound catching some nearby students attention.

The teacher even hearing it. She stops her lecturing and looks at the source of the sound.

"Here we go." Intak mumbles as the lady walks up to their desk.

"Choi Jiung. Are you chewing gum in my class?" She asks.

Jiung blows another small bubble and throws his head back in annoyance. It was like this every other day.

"Come on Mrs.Kim. We go through this everyday. Yes, I'm chewing gum. No, I'm not going to spit it out. So just give me the detention slip." Jiung answers.

Intak shakes his head at his friend. The boy always gets detention for his attitude and the gum.

Mrs.Kim doesn't say anything and hands him the slip onto his awaiting hand.

Jiung gives a smile to the lady as he crumples it into his pocket.

"See you after school." He says.

The teacher shaking her head and continuing with the lesson.

"You need to stop giving attitude to the teachers. And stop chewing gum." Intak scolds as he pops the bubble with his finger.

Cringing at the touch as some of it surround his finger tip.

Jiung rolls his eyes. "And like always. They should stop asking the obvious. And no, I'm not going to stop chewing my gum."

Intak sighs and focuses back on the lesson. Trying his best to ignore his friend and his chewing.