11. LOVE

30 August, 1998

Nervous was an understatement, I freaking out. It was exactly 3 o'clock August 30th and I had yet to apparate to the Burrow. He did say around 3 o'clock didn't he? Or was it sooner? Or was it yesterday? Questions roamed through my head causing me to second guess the party.

I looked into the mirror one last time making sure I looked presentable. George had failed to inform me about the dress code, but I presumed it was casual. I wore a simple pair of blue jeans with a beige cardigan.

I finally built the courage and apparated to the Burrow. I arrived in an empty field. As I looked ahead I saw a tall house that had four or five chimneys perched on top. It looked as the house was held up by magic. After steading my breath and gaining courage I made my way to the house.

As I got closer a brunette and ginger came into view. I soon realized it was Hermione Granger and the infamous Ginny Weasley George had told me all about. They soon noticed my presence. Hermione sent me a wave as Ginny came running towards me.

"You must be Anastasia!" Ginny said bringing me into a hug. "I'm so excited to finally meet you."

"Likewise, George has told me many things about you." I replied as she let me go from the hug.

"All good things I hope." She said with a chuckle.

"All good things." I confirmed.

"My mom has been dying to meet you." Ginny said. "Come on."

She took my arm and guided me towards the door of the Burrow. When we entered it was a filled with noise and commotion. Ron and Harry were fighting over the last chocolate frog. Too men who I presumed to be George's brothers were fighting over who'd get a certain seat, and George's mother was yelling at all of them from the kitchen.

Ginny let out a loud cough trying to catch the attention of the family. They all looked our way and froze when they noticed me standing next to Ginny.

"Now you have decided to be quiet!" Molly roared as she entered the living room.

"Mom." Ginny called out. "She's here."

"Who's here?" Molly turned around confused at Ginny's statement. Her eyes soon landed on me and a smiled appeared on her face. "Oh you must be Anastasia! I'm so glad you could make it!" Molly cheered pulling me into a hug.

"When George told me he invited you I was so happy, I've been wanting to meet you since the first letter you sent to my little boy-" Molly said, but was soon cut off by a voice from the top of the stairs.

"Mom stop embarrassing me."

I looked up towards the top of the stairs where George Weasley stood. He was dressed in a pair of jeans with a plain white t-shirt. He looked my way and sent a smile.

"Oh George! Everyone out I need help with the chickens." Molly yelled making an excuse.

They all groaned as they followed her towards the back of the Burrow.

"You really do get out of chores." I told George as he made his way towards my direction.

"All thanks to you." He replied with a smile as he stood right in front of me.

He was taller than I remember.

"I know this sounds weird, but can I give you a hug?" George asked quietly has a blush rose to his cheeks.

I let out a little laugh before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him into a hug. He froze at first, but then wrapped his arms around my waist lifting me slightly up since I was much shorter than his tall frame.