15•|BASKETBALL|

Start from the beginning

It was all her.

She and the guilt she made me feel was driving me crazy slowly and I knew that a time would come when I wouldn't be able to take it

I kept my weed on my ashtray, closed my eyes and submerged myself into the water. I was under the water for sometime when I saw her.

She was smiling at me.

*. *. *.

One of the perks of being in SS3 was the free periods, especially during the first term. The whole SS3 building was noisy, especially my class.

"Annoucement! Announcement!!" Nola came to the front of the class shouting and the noise in the class subsided.

"What do you want to say, Nola?" A girl from the front asked him.

"Just listen," Ade said as he went to join Nola. "So guys there's a party coming up. . ."

The whole class started shouting and celebrating, well apart from me because I was sure that I wouldn't attend.

"My birthday is coming soon," Nola said and the class erupted into resounding cheers. "Thank you, thank you." He told them with a mock bow.

"Alright!" Ade clapped his hands, earning everyone's attention. "So you guys know how we do it every year? But this year is going to be a blast, better than all other years."

"I can't wait." I heard Rayo scream and people started talking about the party.

"Attention please!" Nola shouted again. "Another important piece of information is that it is an old school party, we're going retro, so come in your parents cloths because it is going to be lit, and everybody in the whole SS3 building are invited, even some SS2 students are invited so y'all should just come and party on Saturday!"

Everybody started celebrating again and they made comments like,

"That party is gonna be lit."

"God I can't wait to cool some steam."

"Can't Saturday come already!"

"Geng awon bum short ati mini skirt, omo we go rock that party."

I smiled as I listened to some of their comments, I had never been to a party before, even owambe -shocking right?- so I didn't know how it looked like, though I had seen the way some parties are on TV, I haven't exactly experienced it in 3D. The class was no longer noisy as it had turned to indistinct chatters. I brought out a note from my bag along with a minted chewing gum because i still wasn't feeling comfortable within my mouth even after brushing thoroughly and using mouth wash, and since I couldn't smell my mouth myself I decided to take safety precautions, by chewing on the minted gum.

I placed the book on my table, opened the chewing gum and started chewing on it. I was reading my book to avoid thinking about anything, especially her, but the book wasn't even entering my head which was unlike me, because normally anything I read enters and sticks into my brain immediately. I wasn't concentrating and I knew if care wasn't taking the guilt I felt could resurface hard.

I turned my head to my left and saw Lily staring at me but as usual she faced her front immediately.

I smiled. "Lily?" I called her and luckily she answered at first call and looked at me but she was still trying to avoid eye contact with me. "What are you thinking about?"

She had a faint smile on her face. "Nothing."

"Okay, so are going to attend the party?"

She shook her head. "No." She answered.