31•|MOVING ON|

/CHAPTER THIRTY ONE/

"уσυ ¢αи ѕρєи∂ мιиυтєѕ, нσυяѕ, ∂αуѕ, ωєєкѕ σя єνєи мσитнѕ σνєя-αиαℓуzιиg α ѕιтυαтισи; тяуιиg тσ ρυт тнє ριє¢єѕ тσgєтнєя, ʝυѕтιfуιиg ωнαт ¢συℓ∂'νє, ωσυℓ∂'νє нαρρєиє∂. . .σя уσυ ¢αи ʝυѕт ℓєανє тнє ριє¢єѕ σи тнє fℓσσя αи∂ мσνє σи."
»ⓣⓤⓟⓐⓒ ⓢⓗⓐⓚⓤⓡ«

(Dedication: TO ALL MY READER'S THAT STARTED WITH ME FROM CHAPTER ONE - INTRODUCTION 🌺 I WOF Y'ALL 😭😭😭)

(Song; A SONG BY ME😂 (JUST REMEMBERED THAT I HAVEN'T RELEASED MY SONG) JUST LISTEN TO A NEW DAY HAS COME BY CELINE DION OR MOVING ON BY ROD WAVE)

NOT EDITED.

~PINK~

Laughter. Laughter. Laughter and more laughter.

That was what filled the whole backyard, laughter. Everyone couldn't stop laughing after Chase had dropped his supposed joke on us. I was laughing, Jona was laughing, Rayo was laughing, Chioma was laughing, Feyi was laughing, even Lily was laughing.

Talking about Lily, a part of me felt really relieved when I spoke with her just like Chase had advised. I got to know her mind and about her bunch of insecurities, though I still didn't understand why she was scared of talking to us - her classmates- back then, but like the saying say 'let bygones be bygones', so I left the past totally and decided to focus on the future.

Like me, I was ready to let my past go, my relationship with Tayo, my feelings towards him, everything that had to do with him, I was ready to let go and move forward because I knew that would be the best decision for me to make and he had also said so, in the former biology lab, he said he was also ready to let me go, although, I felt really hurt when he'd said that, when he said he was letting me go. A part of me didn't want him to, that part of me wanted him to change so we could be back together. Yes, I know I was stupid for having those thoughts, but I was human; meaning I was bound to still have a thin line of hope that. . .that the one I love would be redeemable.

I also made other decisions for myself, like taking a break off social media to focus on my upcoming exams, going on a date with Josh. Yes, the Josh, Tayo had beaten up. He asked me to go on a date with him and I agreed to, though I wasn't sure if I could date him, I wasn't sure if I liked him, don't get me wrong, he was nice with a really great sense of humor but. . .let's Just forget it.

The boisterous laughter still filled the backyard, everyone couldn't stop laughing, I included.

No, seriously, I never knew my brother could be a joker.

"Like Chase, what the hell?" Jona held his stomach as he laughed. "Oya, guys if Chase killed ehn, let me admit my own. . ."

The laughter subsided, though there were still low chuckles, and I already had a hiccup because of my too much laughter.

"What?" Rayo kept her hand on her mouth as she tried to suppress her laughter. "You too you've killed?"

"Ehn na!" Jona was quick to answer. "I've killed thousands of things, mosquitoes, ants, even plants. Do you even know the amount of people I've killed in Mortal Kombat?"

Another round of boisterous laughter followed and I was hiccuping and laughing at the same time, I even had to hold my stomach, so my intestines wouldn't fall out, with the way I was laughing really hard, tears were even threatening to drop down from my eyes.

"Everyone is a killer then," Chioma added. "If animals had a sense of judgements and laws ehn, we all would be murderers."

Laughter followed again after Chioma'a statement and I joined in with the laughter, until I remembered something. I stopped laughing. I looked at Chase and saw him with an impassive look - he wasn't smiling like the others were, he just kept looking, then it all clicked. It was true, Chase had killed before.