Chapter 18: Lavender Kisses

Sabrina's hectic day had come to an end, but her night was just getting started. Ryder and Lupin had escorted her throughout her photoshoot and a magazine interview for Harry Winston. She had a splendid time today that it almost felt surreal. More than that, she couldn't believe that she had mated with Gabriel. It was more than what she imagined, it was perfect, he was perfect.

"Ready to go?" Ryder asked Sabrina.

"Yeah," she got in the car with them and they drove her to her own house.

Sabrina had bought Ashley's gift earlier today, during her lunch break. Well, she bought more than just one gift; it was more like a few dozen of the sexiest accessories for Ashely. She knew that her friend would adore them.

Sabrina told Ryder and Lupin to wait in the car, she just had to change her clothes for the party. But they didn't listen to her, they walked into the house together. Her house was dark, no lights on, but the dusk sunlight streamed through all the windows giving bountiful light.

"I'll be ready in fifteen minutes," she promised not to take more time than that. Thankfully, Carlo already did her makeup for the shoot, so she didn't have to change anything about herself, just her clothes.

Sabrina ran up the stairs to her bedroom when she stopped dead in her tracks.

Sabrina opened her bedroom door and found a sight to behold. A trail of rose petals, small candles created a border on each side. Her whole bedroom was covered in small photos, candles, amongst the rose bouquet on the table was a massive portrait; it was hand-drawn. Sabrina's heart hummed, she couldn't believe her eyes right now. Was this Gabriel? she wondered. When did he even do all this?

The trail broke when she took a few steps inside. She grabbed the little note that was perched onto of a bouquet of roses. She flipped the note wondering what Gabriel had planned.

I know your secret. But I promise to keep it, if you'll be mine forever.

Sabrina's gut sank when she read the note. Her hands shook, her skin turned cold and she called for Ryder and Lupin as loud as she could.

The boys bolted up the stairs and entered the room.

"Oh my god," astounded Ryder.

Lupin gaped at Ryder. "Oh my god." They looked at each other. They both exclaimed dark, mean profanities.

"Who did this?" asked Lupin.

Sabrina's heart stopped beating, she knew someone had entered her house again. The same person who had killed Richard Brady had gotten into her house.

"Call Gabriel," said Ryder. "Scratch that, call everyone."

Sabrina moved past them. She opened her balcony doors and in the darkness of the trees she saw a bulky figure, black clothes and something shiny glinted when it hit the light. "He's still here," she swallowed the tightness in her throat.

Ryder pulled her away from the balcony and brought her back inside. He looked outside to where she saw the person targeting her.

Gabriel, River, Hunter, Vincent, Klaus and Azura's whole team had arrived. They hurried up the stairs and towards Ryder and Lupin. Gabriel rushed into the room, his face concerned more than angry when he spotted her. Sabrina's whole control failed in front of him, she ran into his arms and he pulled her out of the room alone. He shielded her away from the sight behind them and he calmed her with his voice.