Chapter 15: Lurking Darkly

Sabrina had taken a bath, slipped on a robe and left her bedroom. The marble floor cooled her warm feet as she descended the stairs. She felt as if last night was a dream. She woke up in bed, wondering how she got there, but then she noted Gabriel's lingering dark scent and knew that he carried her to bed. But sadly, what had happened to her wasn't any dream, it was very real and she had no clue how to even begin to process all of it.

"Good morning," a voice startled her.

Sabrina froze in her tracks. She finally noticed the four domineering men standing in her living-room space. Their tall statures and black wardrobes sent off a threatening aura. She looked past the men and straight at the one standing in front of them. Gabriel wasn't in the same clothes as yesterday, his causal clothes were replaced with a black suit and white with no tie, the first few buttons opened showed his clavicles and bronzed skin. Sabrina realized that walking downstairs in her robe was definitely a bad idea.

"Good morning," she smiled to the boys behind Gabriel. "How long have you waited here?"

"A few minutes," said River who stood with his twin brother, and a red-haired man named Lupin.

"We all just arrived," said Gabriel. "How are you feeling?"

Sabrina stepped off the last stair. She lost the foot of height she had on him, that kept her levelled with his eyes. "Tired," she joked, not wanting to ruin her own mood or theirs again. But it didn't seem to work because Gabriel's frown told her that he knew the truth.

"There are a few things I need to talk to you about," said Gabriel.

Sabrina noted his stern tone, although he spoke to her very gently. "About last night?"

"Yeah," he laid his hand on her nape. Sabrina's gut sank at remembering what she very desperately wanted to forget.

"I-" she froze.

"But let's get some breakfast and coffee in you and then we'll talk," said Gabriel sensing her distress.

"Okay," she said. "You guys can make yourselves comfortable in the kitchen. The coffee stuff is on the counter and my fridge is always packed with food."

The men stared at her blankly, but Gabriel ushered them to move from the couches into the kitchen, which they crowded too with their muscular six-foot built. That's all the initiation they needed to make themselves comfortable.

"I'm going to get dressed because I have work today," she told him. Gabriel straightened to his height and removed his hand from her neck, it was strange how aware she was of every move of his body. "I still have to call Helen about last night too."

"Take your time," he said calmly.

Sabrina tilted her head. "How are you so calm?" She blurted out.

Gabriel's expression may have been relaxed, but the tension coiled in every fibre of his body was clear. "I'm not calm right now," he told her. "I'm controlled."

Sabrina's brows rose at his hard, deep voice that sent a chill down her body enough to make her regret that she asked. His velvety voice caressed her body that it seeped into her skin and bones, melting her. "I'll just be a few moments," she stuttered and ran up the stairs so she wouldn't expose her reaction just to his voice alone.

Sabrina closed the door to her bedroom like it was going to protect her from Gabriel's oozing sex appeal, that was threatening for her life. She was quick to slip on a silky champagne long skirt and a simple white blouse. Sabrina had slipped on a comfortable pair of nude heels, when she called Helen and told her what happened last night.