Chapter 10: Our Institute

Kill me. Kill me right now, goddess Maya! Sabrina screamed inside her head. That's it! I'm going to have to go and live in a cave.

Sabrina wanted to jump out of the car and die under the truck racing next to them. Painful and fast was the type of death she wanted, because right now, in the car next to Gabriel, she was choking on her own humiliation.

What incredible dumb-luck she had, that she asked Gabriel to zip up her dress. And not only that, she was on the floor looking for her shoe with her butt in the air.

If there was any moment where she wanted to smack her head on the wall and bleed, it was now... and that other time, but no one spoke of that other time.

Instead of being cool and posh, Sabrina made a complete fool of herself in front of the one person that she needed to leave a good impression on.

"You're quiet," observed Gabriel.

Sabrina knew that her cheeks were red from embarrassment. But she tried as hard as she could to give Gabriel the impression that she wasn't. "I was just-" she motioned towards her head- "in here."

Gabriel glanced towards her with his hand resting on top of the steering-wheel. "Did something happen?" he asked.

She shook her head. "No... well," she fumbled and wondered if she should bring it up, but who cared at this point. "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't know you were in my room."

Gabriel's lips lifted into a small grin, like he was amused again by what happened earlier. "Don't worry about it," he said. "Besides, I enjoyed the show."

Sabrina's mouth dropped open. "That wasn't my intention," she mumbled.

"I know," he bemused. "Although, I couldn't help but tease you a little."

Sabrina studied his undying handsome side profile. "Even when I was on the floor looking for my shoe?"

He smirked. "Even then."

She shook her head. "I'm sure that wasn't a pretty sight," she added.

Gabriel chuckled. "I don't think there's anything you can do that's unsightly," he said. "You're way too beautiful."

Sabrina's heart skipped a beat.

Sabrina had been declared beautiful by the fashion industry and millions of fans. But there was an entirely different sensation hearing that she was 'beautiful' from Gabriel. There was something about this man that made her head spin in circles. At times like this, he was well-natured man who loved to eat with his family and he trained with his pack. But then there was a side to him, that was ruthless and powerful. A side that was feared by others, but it was also admired by his friends and enemies alike.

Last night when he had visited her home, she was caught off guard by his unexpected visit because she never expected him to be the type do anything on impulse. But there he was, on her front doorstep, ready to lay everything out that was in his heart. Sabrina never would have thought in a million years, that a man like Gabriel Centauri would have opened up to her. She was swept into a glimpse of his past, and all she realized was that Gabriel walked through a harsh and dangerous life full of struggle. Nothing broke him. Instead, he used that pain and built himself to become an alpha-male worthy of the Centauri throne.

Gabriel had shared everything from his childhood to her. His father and the darker parts of his job. He also shared the weakness of the Centauri pack when Robert was alpha, which probably wasn't easy for him to do.