Chapter 8: Bleeding Past

Gabriel returned to his home after dropping Sabrina off. From the porch he could tell that all the lights in the manor were shut off. He was sure that everyone had gone to bed since it was hitting close to midnight.

Gabriel soundlessly closed the door behind him and went straight to his bedroom. He fixed himself a drink and sat on the high-back sofa. The bronze whiskey swirled in the crystal glass, similar to his own thoughts that were running in his head all day. This was the first time in Gabriel's entire life, he was unsure of his next move.

After dropping off Sabrina, Gabriel evaluated his entire life, his career and the duties that lead to where he was now. However, all he saw was a man who butchered through this world to sit on the golden throne. Gabriel never thought that a time like this would come in his life, where all he could think about was his mate. But it had, and it was Sabrina Sinclair that had imprinted on him, even though she probably didn't realize how deep she bonded with him.

Gabriel tipped the rest of the drink back, the smoky smooth flavour poured down his parched throat and cooled his burning gut. Although, his favourite whiskey didn't even come close to the sensation Sabrina had on him. The fiery scent of pine and soft touch of lilies was ambrosia for Gabriel and his wolf. Her faint touches on his arm drove him insane. Whenever she pushed her luscious hair over her shoulder made his heart skip a beat, and her killer smile was magic all on its own. Sabrina intoxicated him and he lost all control and composure around her. It was like he was a teenager with hormone issues and couldn't get himself under a hard lock. But the dangerous cravings he had for Sabrina were nothing of a high-schooler.

She embodied a strong woman who fought for her dreams and made a successful life for herself. Pure, innocent and goodness emitted from every fibre of her beautiful body.

Gabriel's mind darkened when he remembered that he wasn't built that way. Unlike Sabrina, he's lived a dangerous life and is committed to keep living it for the rest of his life.

A knock on the door interrupted Gabriel's thoughts. "Come in," he said from his seat. The door creaked open and his sister sauntered inside. "Shouldn't you be asleep?" he asked out of concern and a little out of habit.

Viola rolled her eyes at his stern tone. "My fever is down," she told him not to worry. "Did you drop off, Sabrina?" she asked before she sat down on the seat across him.

"Yeah," he told her.

"Good," she smiled. "She seems to fit right in with us, don't you think?"

Gabriel nodded. "She does."

"And I can see why she's such a renowned supermodel," Viola stated. "She's truly a powerful woman and wolf."

Gabriel tiled his head. "Stop beating around the bush, Viola," he remarked. "Get to the point."

"Sabrina is your mate, isn't she?" asked Viola bluntly.

Gabriel stiffened in his seat. He knew that bringing Sabrina tonight for dinner raised questions in his siblings, pack and basically everyone in between. "Yes," he declared and it was the first time he had said it out loud. "Sabrina is my mate."

Instead of a smile, Viola frowned. "If you already know that she is your mate, then why are you tense?" she asked.

Gabriel smirked because he knew that Viola could always see what anyone was trying to hide. "I'm not tense, Viola," he told her. "I just don't want to mess this up."

Viola's brow shot up. "I never thought I'd see the day where my big brother is nervous-"

"I'm not nervous-"