The twins looked at each other, listen to her compliment, and smiled warmly. They knew the dwarf girl for a short time, but she had already caught their attention when she injured Legolas. They had never witnessed any female stand against Legolas or hate Legolas. Their sister was the only one who could scold Legolas, but she always thought of him as her little brother. Young females of any race never badmouthed the prince. They were all allured by his looks and elfish features. But Awarthrie was different.

"Tell her our plan, brother..." Elrohir whispered as he and Elladan leaned closer to reveal their big plan.

Elladan looked around to make sure no one was listening to them and said in a low tone, "You are going to grab Legolas' weapons and throw them to us from the window. Legolas will..."

Awarthrie narrowed her eyes and grabbed Elladan from his collar. "You..." she hissed, "Of all people should know not to touch someone's weapons. That isn't revenge..." she looked at the twins "... it's the act of a coward!" She freed Elladan and pushed her way through, "Get out of my way..."

The twin's watched her in bemusement with a smirk on their face as she entered the last chamber she had to clean; the dwarf-girl had impressed them. They looked at each other and walked away to set another plan to lure her in.

Awarthrie pushed the door open against the tide of objects that littered the floor on the other side. Which dwarf was it this time who left a mess behind!? She closed the door behind her and picked her way across the room on tiptoe, trying not to stand on any of the garments. Inside the darkroom, she could nearly see. Of course, books were mixed up with underpants, tunic, a pair of pants, and several other objects. She picked up piece after piece pushing them inside the velvet sack and heading over the other side of the room to open the windows.

She wrinkled her nose at the unique smell of spring rain, wet leaves, Apple Cinnamon and Black Raspberry. Those were smells of the forest, smells that can heal. She took in every little detail of the smell surrounding the room. She closed her eyes, losing herself inside this familiar and unfamiliar smell. Her fingers rubbed around the curtains, and she pulled them, letting the morning sun brighten the room. She opened the window and noted a new smell. That was the smell of the pine-trees, and it made her drowsy.

Suddenly she paused and opened her eyes in awareness; the smell inside the room was familiar because it reminded her of Mirkwood. She recalled the garments she picked up couldn't belong to any dwarf; damn, this was an elf's chamber and probably a Mirkwood elf. She smirked, thinking that elves can be equally messy as dwarves. Then she turned around and faced the bright chamber. Awarthrie froze on her spot. The guest was still sleeping on the large bed.

"Sulliglukhul, imgilzu." [Okay, calm down] she mumbled as she watched the male peacefully sleeping against the bed. He didn't move or hardly breathe. Her eyes couldn't resist the pure image of the shinny he-elf lying there. It was perfection. Then she blinked as something wasn't right. She noticed the scars. Three large scars crossing all over his back. And those scars weren't battle injuries. Strange.

Then she noticed the fresh injury on his arm. Her lips opened wide, and she took a step back. The shiny bastard was the Prince of Mirkwood. She took another step back and her shoulder collided with the wooden window. She froze again, the confusion showing in her face as she watched the lying figure sitting up and wrapping the silk sheets around his waist. He was facing away from her, but she could feel the disbelieve in his actions.

Legolas was surprised by the sound and woke up. Never would a maiden enter his chamber when he was inside. Elves rarely made such mistakes, and if they did, they would apologize and walk out of the room. But not this maiden. She had already picked up his garments, opened the curtains and the windows, and she was still there. Something was wrong... utterly wrong. He sat up, trying to cover his lower body. However, the worse part was to come as he sensed her gaze against him. He knew she had seen his scars, part of his secret, a few knew.