Transition

The next thing I knew, I was waking up in the infirmary with the devil's teacher at my side.

When I sat up, she looked shocked to say the least.

"Elos! I was beginning to think you'd sleep the entire day. How are you feeling?" She touched my forehead.

I looked at my hands, then at my all black feathered wings. "Like a devil..."

The professor nodded, getting out of her chair. "I've never heard of something like this happening before, but the High Angels and Low Spheres said not to worry about it and you should come to Raf and Sulfus' hearing and give a testimony of the events."

"....Could I not? They're the last people I want to see, I'm in a devil's mood." I got off the bed and looked over myself, I look about the same, just feel different and my halo was replaced with horns.

"We would prefer it if you did. You can rest until then, you'll be moved to the devil's class."

"Alright, Prof, whatever you say." I casually left the infirmary as if nothing had happened, I mean, nothing had happened.

I don't remember much, my head hurts, but I do remember how I feel. I'm seething with anger, my rage knows no bounds.

I know who I'm angry with, and I think I know why, but the memory is a bit hazy.

"Huh... What did I see in him, seriously? It's like, after that, I just... Feel nothing... Still mad a Raf, because it's the principle, but.. huh. I feel okay. Like what happened to me?"

My griffin friend cooed, playing with the horns on my head.

"Yeah, they are really different huh. I don't regret my choice. Maybe I should've thought more rationally, but I really have no idea what was happening to me.... Wait... The bug bite.." I came to a sudden realization, shuddering.

Kilin chirps rapidly, asking if I was okay.

"I'm fine... I just realized... Who ever has been trapping us had to have been watching our every move, and been in the school. That means... We might not be safe even now."

Kilin gasped,then came to a seat on my shoulder.

I pet him, "I know, right? The creeps... In any case, we need to be on our guard, especially with my change. I don't remember ever reading about an angel who could become a devil as I have."

"You got that right girly."

I stopped and turned to see the devils I'd have to call my classmates, those who used to be my enemies. They're Gas and Sulfus' friend, so I definitely don't care about them as much as they probably think.

"uh, who are you?" I raise an eyebrow.

"What!? How do you not know me! I'm Kabale, that angel Sweet's adversary! Seriously what is wrong with you!" Her face became red and she seemed offended.

"Yeah, so? I don't know any of you devil's, other than my enemies... But now that we're not anymore, I don't need to know you at all." I wave her away. "Now shoo, shoo, back to wherever you came from, pesky devil."

Kabale stomps her foot in the ground, turning away in a huff. "She is impossible! Are we sure she's the right one?"

"Yeah, it's definitely her. I like her." The other devil giggled, then came to stand in front of me. "I guess you don't know me either, I'm Cabiria. We've met before, but you're way better now!"

"Oh, you're that devil with bad taste. She's the one with a bad attitude, and that guy just eats a lot... How can so many failures gather in one place?" I rolled my eyes.

Cabiria's face got all red and Gas started stomping over.

"What the devil is your problem!"

I smile at them, the best I can give. "How about you tell me what the devil is your problem? Coming up to me and trying to angel talk me into helping you, help out your friends! I'll be glad if they get expelled, it's none of my business anyway.... I feel nothing for Sulfus anymore. So stay the devil away from me, or may darkness help you survive my rage!" I turned on my heel and began to make my way to my new room.

Cabiria shouts, "Wait! Please! We need all the help we can get!"

"Well, get some more help then, but not from me!"

For a minute, I was left to fly on my own, for a minute, I thought they had given up, but I underestimated the resolve of a devil in need and they later turned up at my new door, lowing their proud heads, along with the angels that want to save their friends.

Urie was the one to talk to me, tears in her eyes. "Elos.... Please... We need your help. Raf is in trouble and Sulfus..."

"I can't stand Raf right now, and Sulfus doesn't mean a thing to me. Why should I help the angel that made me like this, or the devil that I'm not even sure I even cared about before. You have no idea what you're asking me, do you, angel?" I poked her forehead with enough force for her to lose balance.

"Ow! That was mea-" she gasped, then covered her mouth with both hands.

"You like my new ability? Now you know what happened. If you come asking me for help again, better bring an amazing offering."

Urie nods as her friends help her up. "E-Elos, I'm so sor-"

"Just get out of my face, angel. And don't come back."

The angels left with a quiet Urie and I slammed the door in the devil's faces. I'm back at square one, no more friends in this world, but I guess I can just hang out with the earthly ones. That'll be fun.