Trapped

Cough
Cough
Cough

"Elos, are you alright?"

I finally took a breath after falling into a coughing fit. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine, thanks for asking...What about you? Are you good?"

"Yeah, I'm okay."

I sigh in relief, then look around the prison cell we're stuck in. "We were... Swallowed by the challenge room, huh. This isn't just one of your tricks, right?"

"I happen to be trapped too y'know." He snapped at me, then sighed. "No, I don't know where we are or why we're here."

"Figures, you're not the type to do something like this..." I mumbled under my breath, trying to figure out how to break the chain that held us down.

"Hang on, I'm gonna try something. Body fly!"

Suddenly, the chain started to tighten on me and my back was forced against the stone piller, I could tell Sulfus was trying to force the chain to break, but it wasn't working, in fact, it was only hurting me, but at least he's trying. I could only try not to scream at the pressure and hoped he'd give up so I could breathe again.

"Ugh... Ow.."

"Sorry, my powers are useless against these chains."

"That's okay. I just blame whoever did this to us. Since we touched and broke the V.E.T.O I've always had this feeling like we're being watched, and set up..." I sighed and leaned against the stones.

"I know what you mean, once we find the person whose doing this, they're finished." He growled like a devil.

"I second that. Let the power of darkness consume them with my rage. Hmph."

"You really are a devilish angel." He chuckled.

"I prefer dark angel, thank you."

We laughed together, making the situation not seem as bad.

"What if our friends don't find us."

I look at my feet, humming, "I don't have any friends. Raf might come looking for me, and her friends may join her, but it's not for me. It's out of obligation. Your friends will probably come for you though."

"And here I thought all angels had their head in the clouds and super bubbly." He hummed.

"I'm not like other angels... Hey.... I think I know a way out of this chain." I look at my shoulder, smiling.

Sulfus shifted, peeking around the piller, "Spill."

"What if we become human? This chain seems like the mystical type, it shouldn't work on earthly ones. Kilin, activate metamorphosis." Just as I requested, I was transformed into an earthly one, and Sulfus soon followed. As I expected, the chain fell apart and Sulfus and I were free from the piller.

"Brilliant idea, Elos!"

Before we knew it, we had our arms wrapped around each other in a gentle hug. Being this close to him makes me realize just how much taller he is than me. He's so much bigger than me, and were the same age.

When we let go of each other, we held hands for a moment, looking into the other's eyes as if trying to confirm something. I wanted to know if what I felt, is what he felt, because if it's not... Well.. nevermind.

"Let's get out of here."

Sulfus nods and we both make our way to the door, which isn't even locked for some reason.

Whoever set this up has some sort of plan.

And we are no where near ready for it.