Malachi

Reina invites me into her home, which her servant is absolutely against because he's a lot smarter than a celestial blinded by her anger. Definitely a lot smarter than I was these past few months.

Growing up, at some point, I thought that when I got to a certain age, I would just become like the adults. Like, suddenly mature or something, it was very disappointing when I reached sixteen stars and didn't mature in the slightest, but I digress.

"Malachi will take you to your room." She helps me up the stairs with a smile on her face.

I keep a smile on my face, which is hard enough because I've never really smiled, I don't get the point of it, and I'm sure Malachi knows that.

For someone who acts so smart, who planned the Angel's and the Devil's downfall so meticulously, Reina is just so disappointingly naive. She and Raf both get on my nerves in that aspect, I can't believe I fell into this woman's trap in the first place, I'm so disgusted with myself.

"Thanks so much, but... Actually..." I rub my arm, shifting on my feet as if I were nervous.

"Hm? What is it, Elos? Speak your mind."

"Well..." I lower my head and sigh, "I've never had...a mother figure and... I was hoping that... We could talk. Or something... I dunno, it's stupid I'll just go."

She laughs, placing a hand on my shoulder. "Of course, we can. Malachi prepare some tea for our guest, we will be in my room for the moment."

Malachi gasps, "But mistress-"

"Silence! Do as I say Malachi." She glares at him while taking me away.

Such a naive woman. I can tell she used to be an angel, but now she's sort of like me. Not and angel or a devil, just in between, I guess that what it means to be neutral.

Together, we sit in her room, across from each other, her with a smile, and me trying not to seem suspicious.

"So, what questions do you have for me, Elos." Reina leans back in her chair.

I take my time in order to devise a better plan. There are some questions I want to ask her, but there's no guarantee that she'd even know the answers, or that she'd tell me the truth, but it's not like she has a reason to lie.

"...Just basic stuff. Um... I suddenly became an angel again, and this time I remember the... It was like my power, dark, but it also had a light. It flowed like a river and all I did was walk through it and then... I'm this again."

Reina rubs her chin, humming, "That's interesting. Nothing I've ever heard of before, really. I'm sorry that I can't be of any help on that subject."

I click my tongue, sighing, "Oh... That's alright. I've come to the conclusion that I decide what I am, that is, an anomaly that both angels and devils deemed harmless enough to be free. To do as I wish."

"That's a very informative conclusion, but do you honestly believe they thought you were harmless?" She smirks.

"Oh please, if I actually believe that, the school would not have been flattened underneath my wings." I roll my eyes like it was the most obvious thing, but it is true. I don't honestly believe they think I'm harmless. I have no evidence of that though.

"You're a smart girl, Elos, you'll go far in this world."

I shake my head, smiling at her, "We will go far in this world. Run the celestials who hurt us out for eternity and rule the earthly ones- ah, no... You, mother, will rule the earthly ones like a queen." It hurt me to say that for reasons I don't care to explain.

Reina chuckles, "And you will be the humble princess at my side. I'll teach you everything you need to know."

I nod, watching Kilin from the corner of my eye as he grabbed the key and made his way out of the room.

"That sounds so amazing. I will finally have someone who truly...cares for me." I bite my lip, trying not to gag now because, ugghhh I want to throw up so badly.

"Elos, are you alright? Ah, I guess the events of today must have made you tired. Go ahead and rest my dear, we have a big day tomorrow."

"Yes, mother." Waving at her, I leave the room calmly as to not raise her suspicions and Malachi takes me to my room. It's very spacious, and not my style, but I'm not staying anyway so I don't give a flying devil.

Kilin and I pace back and forth in the room, waiting out the time, even though we'd have no idea when Reina would fall asleep, or if she'd notice the key missing. Maybe she'd suddenly find my behavior suspect and kill me, or maybe-

Kilin chirps reassuringly in my ear, giving me the key he so tactfully stole.

"Great job, Kil, thank you for doing that.. I'm sorry that I'm on edge. I usually have no problem with lying, but now I just want to go to Sulfus and apologize for everything I said." I sighed.

Kilin goes on a tangent to about how I said what I needed to, this is a complicated and sensitive situation, yadda, yadda, yadda, I feel bad, that's true, but I don't feel so bad that I need a pep talk, so of course I start drifting while he talks, but does not like that and tickles me awake as revenge.

"S-sorry! I'm sorry, stop it!" I giggled, trying to hide my stomach. When he stops, we relax and listen out for foot steps.

"I don't hear Malachi, and it's nearly midnight, it should be safe, let's go, Kill."

We begin to put our plan in motion. The room we need is downstairs, Reina is upstairs and there's no telling where Malachi is. Hopefully this will be easy.