Chapter Eight

"They're all.. dolls." Rachel pointed out as you all observed the disturbing room you just came in. "Looks like another messed up room." You added. None of the room you went in on this floor were normal. Not in this sort of building anyway.

Zack noticed a gate in one corner of the room, and he walked towards it, you and Ray following soon after. She tried to open it, but to no avail. "It's locked." Yeah no shit sherlock, you thought to yourself.

Zack had a weird look on his face. You decided to ask "What's wrong?". He didn't answer, simply looking straight forward through the gate. You smirked, an idea coming to mind.

"You're not gonna smash it?" You teased him. He looked at you like you were stupid. "Huh? That's iron. I can't smash that." You stood there dumbfounded. Maybe he's not so dumb after all?

A small 'Huh?' left your mouth as you stare at him, looking frozen. That's when he grabbed the hair on top of your head and started shaking you from left to right.

A/N: I don't know how to describe this part lmao and i cant find a gif of it, but its ep 4 at 8:35 if u can't understand

"Don't 'Huh?' me! You're the one who said I can't smash iron!" You sighed. So he wasn't 'not so dumb', he just miraculously remembered what you said earlier and didn't even question it. You gotta admit, it shocks you that he didn't question it.

He let go of your hair and turned to Rachel. "And you, didn't you say you'd make yourself useful? Come up with a way to move forward!" She only responded with a simple 'All right. You look around for something to use too.'

"Yeah, yeah. You, come with me." Zack said, grabbing your shirt and dragging you with it, you guessed that was his way of saying 'come look for that something with me.'

After a few minutes of searching, you still hadn't found anything. Zack was beginning to feel irritated, well even more irritated because let's be honest, he always is. He actually didn't do anything. As soon as your started looking, he sat down next to you and simply watched you. "Hey! Hurry up and find a way out of here!" He yelled to Rachel.

"I can't figure out the mechanism." She stated. Poor Rachel, this guy just keeps on yelling at her as if she isn't just a kid. It's not her fault that they're stuck it, so he should stop acting like it, you thought.

"HUHHHH?" He said loudly, as if he couldn't believe his ears. "Stop acting like a spoiled kid." You started. "You didn't even help me search for something that could help us, you just sat down and observed what I was doing, idiot!" Having nothing to say in response to you, he simply looked away with a 'tch' before looking back to Ray.

"If you can't find anything, why don't we just smash all these dolls?" He suggested. Rachel turned to him. "Nothing warrants that."

In one quick movement, he got up. It took you by surprise since you didn't even realize how close you had gotten to him. "Huh? 'Warrants'?! Well nothing warranted smashing those bars either, did it? Tch, this pisses me off! This is the kind of shit that really tires me out!" He exclaimed as he walked away.

"There are plenty of chairs here." You said. He turned to you with a dumbfounded look. "You want me to sit on one of those dolls? That ain't my style!" You laughed as you decided to mock him. "Oh really? That's weird, I imagine you so well laying on these doll's laps complaining about this or that." You smirked. He simply glared at you. "Why you..!"

He stopped his sentence as he noticed a chair different from the others. This one was facing all the dolls and in the back of the room. "Hey, here's a nice one." He pointed to it as he walked and sat in it. You observed the chair, something felt very wrong. "I don't think you should sit in that one, I have a bad feeling about it." You explained.