Chapter 16

Rita's pov

Was he going to kill me?

"Are you going to kill me?" I asked him frightened, tears swelling up in my eyes as I trembled with fear.

He smiled darkly, his hand reached for my face. Wincing, I automatically closed my eyes, thinking he was going to hit knock me out by hitting me.

I opened my eyes as I felt a gentle touch on my face and no pain. "Who said I'm going to kill you?" he asked me, caressing my cheek.

"You said that the dead can't obey," I muttered puzzled. "Yeah, and dead people can't get killed either," he claimed, messing with my mind more.

"I can't see what you mean," I mumbled, confusion written all over my face.

"Then, let me show you," he said, sitting next to me on bed. "Here," he said, holding his phone before me and motioning me to take it.

Frowning, I took the phone. Looking at the screen, I saw a video entitled with 'Tragic wedding in Mexico'.

"What's this?" I asked confused. "You said you can't see what I mean. And I said I'll show you what I mean. Push the play button and you will see what I meant," he told me.

Nodding my head, I pressed hesitantly the play button and listened to the reporter:

Tragic news!

Three days ago was one of the biggest weddings in Mexico. The daughter of the successful businessman Miguel Barrera, Rita Barrera, married Nicolai Volkov, a young successful entrepreneur in Russia.

While the bride and groom made their vows and bonded their lives for a long happy life, their lives ended in tragedy.

The newly married couple wanted to spend a night in the bride's parents' mansion after the wedding before flying to Russia to live there their happily ever after.

Unfortunately, their first night as a husband and wife was also their last night as the gas stove in the kitchen was not turned off properly and caused a huge explosion.

Many people died in this tragedy and the corpse can hardly be identified as most of them are deformed or scattered in pieces. Some bodies couldn't be find yet, among them are also the bodies of the newly wed couple.

Miguel Barrera couldn't stand the idea that his daughter and son-in-law don't have a tombstone, and he let made for them two tombstones with two empty graves.

In an interview, he said that the fact that his children don't have graves bothered him and the graves he had made for them eased the pain of his loss.

That was the tragic news of the morning, now let's move on to some great—

The reporter continued, but I stopped listening and looked at Roman, who stared at me with hollow eyes.

"I'm dead," I mumbled, realizing what he was talking about all the while. "You are," he confirmed, taking his phone from me.

"That's what you meant when you said the dead can't obey, or be killed," I muttered in a daze.

"Yes." He nodded his head.

"You are not going to kill me?" I asked him cautiously, trying to figure out what his intentions were.

"No, I'm not going to kill you." He shook his head.

"Then, what are you going to do to me? Why did you save? What are your plans with me?" I asked him, wanting to know his intentions with me.

"Hmm, I don't know yet ... any suggestions what I should do with you?" he asked me with a dark gaze, playing with my long, wet hair.

"Let me go," I suggested hesitantly.

"I can do that if you do as I say until I can let you go," he claimed with a nod, as I looked at him surprised. Did I hear right? Did he say he would let me go if I did what he said until the time was right and he would let me go? Really?

"You will really let me go? You won't kill me?" I asked him suspiciously.

"Under the condition I told you," he reminded me again. "You won't want anything sexual from me, right?" I asked him, my voice timid.

"I don't sleep with the enemy," he claimed, his upper lip curling in disdain. He found me repulsive, because of my father, which I didn't mind. It assured me only he wouldn't touch me.

"Why are you helping?" I asked him curiously. "I already told you, I have my morals and I don't kill innocents," he sighed, putting his phone in his pocket.

A murderer with morals, it was hard for me to believe. There must be more why he didn't kill me, something that changed his mind. "What got you those morals? Or who is behind your morals?"

My questions made him tense. "You're asking too many questions, just be glad that I had reasons, that kept you alive," he growled at me.

"Alright, I'm sorry for asking," I apologized, not wanting to start a fight and lose my ticket to freedom. "I am glad you let me alive, and I am more than thankful for your help. And ..."

"And?" He raised a brow. "I will obey you until you let me go," I agreed with him.

"Great we could come to an agreement, ragazza," he said with a nod, getting up from bed he looked down at me.

"My first order to you is to rest, your body needs it," he muttered, turning around to leave.

"Wait!" I yelled at him, making him pause. Then, he turned around and looked at me. "What now?" he asked me.

"You're going again? Leaving me tied up here on the bed?" I asked him, hating to be chained up. I could at least move at home. Chained up, I couldn't move at all. I never thought I'd miss the little freedom I got at home, but with him, I did.

"Yes, or would you rather be tied up in my bathtub?" he asked me back. I immediately shook my head.

"No! The bed is fine," I agreed defeated. "Good, if you scream and disturb the neighbors, you can spend the rest of your days in the bathtub," he warned me.

"I won't." I shook my head.

"I hope so for you," he said blankly before leaving the room. Sighing, I relaxed. Then, I frowned, looking at my chained arm, wondering why he had handcuffs in the drawer of his bedside table.

Gulping, I prayed he wasn't into weird kinks. Though, he said he wouldn't touch and let go of me when the time was right.

But I didn't really trust his words. After all, trustworthy could a killer's words be? He killed for money.

He claimed he had his reasons not to kill me, but I also had so many reasons to flee. And one of those reasons was that he was hired to kill me in the first place.

❤️❤️❤️vote and comment❤️❤️❤️