Chapter 48

ROMAN

I drove like a madman.

Now I was finally in front of the mansion, I rang the doorbell until Lilly opened the door. "Finally!" I snapped when Lilly opened the door.

"Where's the capo?" I passed and went inside, not waiting for her answer or step aside to let me in.

"He retired to his room," she muttered, closing the door behind me, looking at me with a frown. "Did something happen?"

"Tell him I'll be waiting for him in the living room," I said, ignoring her question.

Heading into the living area, I sat on the couch, my foot tapping on the ground while waiting for him.

I got up as he entered the living room. I looked at him blankly, trying not to lose my shit and punch him right in the middle of his lying face.

I fucked her like an animal — not caring if I hurt her. I slapped her. I told called her names. I broke and destroyed the mother of my unborn child. And he enjoyed watching it in the first row.

"What is so important for you to visit me almost at midnight?" he asked me carefully.

I watched him get closer with my jaw clenched. Then, a smile crept onto my face before I punched him in the middle of his damn face.

"Cagna!" I hissed, attacking him as I couldn't remain calm any longer, my hands itched to hit him.

He was trying to fight me off. He was good as he trained to fight and kill his whole life. But I didn't just train, I fought and killed my entire life!

As I hugged him from his waist, I didn't waste a second to lift him up and smash him on the glass table in front of the couch.

The glass table shattered from the impact, making him fall to the floor, lying between scattered pieces of glass.

I didn't give him time to get up, I pulled my gun and aimed it at him. Oh, and how tempting it was to pull this damn trigger.

"You piece of shit! After everything I've done for you! I gave you a second chance after you lied to me and slept with my enemy! I gave you an empire! I made you powerful!" he hissed at me madly.

"And that's how you show me your gratitude?" he asked me, looking at me murderously.

"The show is over, Antonio, you can stop playing the friend and be back in your true element— a manipulative and selfish asshole who only cares about yourself." I snapped at him. Laughing bitterly, I shook my head.

"I am so mad at myself that I couldn't see through your lies. You betrayed me and used me. You made me believe she betrayed me, the mother of my child!"

"I don't know what you're talking about, I helped you.
If I didn't kidnap her mother a few days before your trial and force her to transfer her shares to—"

"I found out the truth, Alessi!" I cut him off. "You've been saying all along that you blackmailed her four before my trial, but the Mexicans claimed Rita had planned to transfer me all her shares and money two weeks before my trial!"

"Do you have proof—"

"There is evidence, damn it! I saw the contracts she sent out to the Mexicans. You lied to me. You didn't blackmail her. She was willing to give me the companies and the millions in her bank voluntarily."

"You do it again, you believe their words over me," he tsked me, shaking his head.

"The Mexicans have no reason to lie to save her because they don't want her as their boss. The only liar here is you." I looked at him betrayed.