Chapter 3

Roman's pov

The office.

Entering it, I closed the door behind me, looking around. Nothing has changed in here too since I'd left.

Though, this place was holding so many memories, especially his table. I didn't know how many women he fucked there. But probably, his wife was the last one, since he was crazy about her.

Sitting in a chair in front of his desk, I looked at him as he sat in his leather armchair.

"How was your vacation?" he asked me, lighting a cigarette up and pouring two glasses of whiskey before handing me a glass.

"It was good. The weather was hot, the chicas were hot, the sex was great," I told him, daydreaming about Hawaii, before he raised a hand, motioning me to stop talking.

Shutting up, I looked at him. "I don't want to talk about your sex life, Roman," he huffed, leaning back in his chair.

Well, he was the one asking how my holiday was, and I didn't mind telling him everything I had done, he was my capo and I had no secrets from him.

Nodding my head, I asked him, "What do you want to talk about then?"

"I need your service," he said. "Why? Couldn't your wife satisfy you enough?" I asked before I realized what I had just said, cussing my boldness.

"Fuck! Sorry! I didn't mean to say that, it just slipped out, I think I got reckless after a vacation!"

The room was dead quiet while his murderous gaze was fixed on me. "Capo?" I called him, part of me worrying for my life.

"The next time you open your mouth to insult me, I'll tear your tongue out and the only reason I'm not tearing your tongue out now is because my wife and children like you and your loyalty matters to me, even if it comes along with your naughty mouth," he warned me, and I had no doubt I would be dead by now if I wasn't loyal.

"Scusa, I think I loosened up too much, after all these months on the beach, in the sun, and forgot for a second who's sitting before me," I mumbled apologetically, scratching my head.

"I think the sun has melted your brain too," he hummed, cocking his head, looking at me darkly, "know your place, Roman, and don't tempt me to put you in your place."

"Of course," I muttered, trying not to piss him off any more, "how can I serve you?"

Usually, I didn't give a fuck about what I said as I wasn't afraid to speak up my mind, but I had to be careful with him.

He wasn't a man to mess with. He saw me as his brother and treated me lika a brother while we were growing up. He was my family even if we weren't related by blood.

The threats he gave me, I deserved them all for disrespecting him. Though, I didn't disrespect him intentionally. My mind still in Hawaii, the words left my mouth by accident, like a busted condom.

"Do you know why I have sent you on vacation?" he asked me, arching a brow. "Well, because I needed some time to fix my mental health after babysitting your children," I replied, being more careful about my words now.

"Yes, I know Helena and the kids can be handful sometimes. That's why I knew you needed a break to clear up mind before sending you on a mission," he claimed as he poured himself another glass, mine was still full. My mouth worse when I got drunk, and I wasn't dumb enough to drink and test his temper a second time.

"On a mission to get information or to kill?" I asked him curiously. "I want someone dead," he said blankly. "And I have the honor to kill him," I stated the obvious. "Exactly," he nodded his head.