Chapter Thirty Nine

DAVID'S POV

This was definitely not how I thought I'd be enjoying my first plane ride, if you can even call it enjoying. I was restlessness, anxious and my foot tapping kept annoying the lady seated next to me but I couldn't help it.

I thought that the first time I got on a plane it'd be to go for a vacation or for my honeymoon with Tiny. Just the thought of her name made my heart bleed all over again. She was the main reason I had endured all that I had the last fourteen months. It was all to get back to her and my family of course. I had missed all of them greatly but most of all it was that tiny lady. I had missed her so much, just thinking about the past fourteen months made me feel like breaking down all over again.

I had been through so much the past year and it had taken its toll on me. I had been kidnapped by Tiny's stalker with the help of my old gang and tortured for almost a month.

I was supposed to be dead after Derek shot me but instead I woke up in a shipping container filled with tea that was headed to china. I had nothing on me but a few water bottles in a backpack and a few MREs (Meal, ready to eat, supplied to the military). I had a shaved head and clipped finger nails, a gunshot wound in my chest that had been terribly treated and probably infected and no light in the container.

I had discovered later on that I'd been in the container for a month when I had been pulled out by a few workers who worked at the Port of Shanghai. I had been severely malnourished having run out of water and food and my wound was infected.

I had been arrested by the port authority and taken to their immigration offices. Now imagine a black man, 6'3 with a body builders body trying to explain how he had gotten into the ship. I had no idea how I had gotten there but nobody believed me. Nobody wanted to listen or help me and I had spent a whole year in their immigration jails. At least they had fed me and treated my injuries but more than anything I just wanted to go back home. I tried to get someone to hear me out but no one wanted to listen since I had a record whenever they searched my name up in the system.

Finally a year after my arrest I had found someone who actually wanted to listen and help me. He listened to my case and after investigating I was let go and released to the Kenyan embassy in China. It had taken a few weeks but they had finally put me on a plane to Kenya with nothing but the clothes on my back and a plane ticket.

I was tired, exhausted, had lost a considerable amount of weight but I was glad to be alive. It had been a long year so the fifteen hour flight I was on was nothing compared to what I had already endured.

"I keep asking you to stop tapping your foot."The woman next to me scowled and I placed my palm on my knee to stop it from bouncing.

"Sorry."I apologized but she just sneered at me.

Before I could say anything else there was an announcement asking us all to buckle up since we were about to land. Finally we were arriving back home. I looked out the window and saw nothing but clouds until the beautiful familiar city of Nairobi started appearing under the clouds. I had no idea how happy seeing all those skyscrapers and dirty streets would make me feel until I hadn't seen them in so long.

I just wanted to see my family and my woman then everything would be okay with the world again. Those months away with all that suffering had messed with my mental health but I was sure I'd be okay as soon as I got back home. I just hoped Tiny hadn't moved on. I know the video she had received had hinted that it was okay for her to move on but at the time I thought I was actually dying. The guy who had helped me take the video owed me when I'd saved his life during my gang days. He had promised to get the video to Tiny and I hoped it had helped her in the healing process.