Chapter Fourteen

I had been dreading that day all week that's why I was sitting in my car trying to gather the courage to face my fears. You know what those fears were? Cinderella and her evil twin sisters or my version of Kim and the twins Kate and Trisha. It was Saturday afternoon and I'd promised to meet up and give them details about David. I would have said no but they threatened to look for him themselves and I didn't want that. I wanted to control the amount of information they had about my man. Come on Anisha you can do this, I said to myself trying to give myself mental courage.

My phone pinged with a message and I saw it was Kim.

Kim🌺 : I know you're still in your car doing nothing. Get you ass in here now before I come and drag out myself.

Me: Sheesh yes mother.

I replied sarcastically. George was still on leave and he thought David was with me but he was actually at the gym with his friends so I went to meet the girls alone. No need to stress the old man with issues he didn't need to know about. It was just a simple meeting with the girls before I headed back home to cuddle with my man.

We hadn't exactly tried the living together phase because he'd only stayed the night we went to his mother's place. He had been at work all week so he usually just went home afterwards. But I was getting him all night after my lunch with the girls and the next day. I hoped the meeting with the girls ended soon.

Another thing I hated about a date with the girls is how we were supposed to dress up for these stupid meetings. Short and skimpy dresses. Not my style. There was no way out of it because I knew if I didn't dress the way they wanted one of them always carried an extra outfit that they would force me into. It happened once before and I don't want to relive the experience of being dressed by three grown women.

I grabbed my clutch, my phone and car keys before getting out of the car. I made sure to straighten my dress so I didn't flash anyone. I was wearing a white long sleeved off shoulder dress that reached mid thigh and black heels. They were only a few inches high but it didn't mean I was comfortable wearing them. I might be a fashion designer but it didn't mean I had to wear the contraptions. I loved my legs and my safety thank you very much.

I locked the car before walking across the parking lot and into the high end restaurant. I didn't need a waiter to guide me to the table because I already knew where the girls were. It wasn't the first time they chose meeting there and they always picked the same table. It was in the middle of the restaurant to allow them to draw as much attention as possible. We drew the attention alright and it wasn't always the good kind. I hated it but there was nothing I could do about it.

My heels clicked against the tiled floor as I approached the girls. Kim was the first to notice me since she sat facing the door. She got up and hugged me before kissing my cheek, I hoped her lipstick was smudge proof. I hugged the twins before sitting down.

"We already ordered you a mimosa." Trisha said pushing the tall glass of orange juice plus champagne towards me.

"Guys I don't care if it's mixed with juice. I don't drink alcohol and you all know that." I declared pushing the glass away.

"We know just drink it." Kate insisted.

"Guys." I protested.

"It's pure juice for crying out loud." Trisha insisted.

"Then why didn't you just say so?" I asked them.

"In case there was anyone eavesdropping but that's gone with the wind now." Kim declared.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and took a careful sip from the glass handed to me. After confirming it was actually juice I took a good drink draining almost half of the glass.