Chapter Twenty

"I thought I asked you to trust me." David asked on the ride up.

"Trust me baby this is all trust." I replied nervously making him chuckle.

He leaned in and kissed my forehead before pulling me to his side. The elevator went all the way up and stopped on the floor marked RT.

Rooftop? What were we doing there? The doors slid open to reveal the most magnificent sight I'd ever laid my eyes on. The air up here was a little chilly but it was also so breathtakingly beautiful. Living in the city didn't allow much of a sky life but this high up I could make out a few dots across the vast clear sky. The rooftop was decorated in fairy lights everywhere with a few tables artfully arranged but they were all empty and bare except for one which was set romantically for two with candles and roses. It looked like a scene from a movie. The skyline from up there was beautiful and it made everything even more amazing. There was soft romantic music playing in the background and I just stood there shocked. Had he rented out the whole rooftop? How could he afford that? Remember Anisha, trust. Yes trust but still how?

David took my hand and led me to the table with a smile on his face. Looks like someone was enjoying my surprise. Never in my wildest dreams had I ever thought that David could do something so romantic. It was so unlike him but also so perfect. He pulled my chair back for me and I settled down as he sat next to me. The chairs we arranged adjacent to each other and not across from each other.

"When did you have time to arrange all this?" I asked still trying to wrap my head around the whole thing.

I took off my silk wrap and bag strapping them over my chair.

"I wanted to do something special for you and it took a few extra shifts and help from a few friends but I did it so here we are." He explained.

My heart couldn't possibly take anymore. He had taken all the extra shifts for me? That was beautiful.

"Baby you didn't have to do that." I said softly.

"I know but I wanted to. You've been nothing but the best to me ever since we met and I wanted to return the favor even if it was just for one night." He responded and I couldn't help but lean in and kiss him.

"Thank you so much. It means a lot to me that you did this." I said when we pulled apart my palm on his cheek.

"Anytime Tiny . I hope you're hungry because I already ordered for us." He said.

"You've known me long enough to know my tastes so I trust you." I responded and with that he took out his phone and dialed someone.

He didn't even say anything, just let it ring thrice before he hang up.

"So why this hotel and not any other?" I asked to make conversation as we waited for the food.

"Nothing but the best for my queen." He responded and for the umpteenth time that night he managed to stop my heart for a second.

Could he get any more perfect?

Before I could interrogate him anymore the doors opened and in walked a waiter pushing a trolley with what I assumed was our food. He stood next to us and placed a bottle of wine in a bucket on the table and two glasses.

"Ma'am, sir welcome to the Imperial. You're dinner was preordered as per the gentleman's request. Should I serve it now or come back in a few minutes?" He asked politely.

"It's okay, I've got it from here." David replied.

"As you wish sir. Enjoy your evening." The waiter replied and with a polite bow left us all alone again leaving the trolley behind.