The obnoxiously loud music that blasted out from the speakers with painful bursts slammed against his ears, the unbearable sonance sloshing around through their edges and crevices and sinking deep into his eardrums. He closed his eyes, a desperate attempt at blocking out the unwavering noises that rattled in his head, pounding against his skull and ridding him from any single second of silent peace.

Aaron gave Leo a quick glance, studying his face and searching for any signs of discomfort; he could tell he wasn't necessarily the happiest he'd been—especially the way his eyes nervously skittered upon the mounts of people swaying around him, the way his chest heaved visibly with an unpleased sigh as he stood close to him—but he didn't look too overwhelmed, which was great progress.

"Hey." Aaron tapped Leo's arm. "Are you okay? Do you want us to leave?"

"Uh, no. I can do this." Leo gave him a certain nod, his fingers tightening around the cool glass of apple juice he held as he slowly brought it up to his lips and took a small, nervous sip. "Don't worry, I'll tell you if I want to leave."

Aaron nodded at him before facing forwards again, his eyes lazily skimming the small swarms of people that chatted around him, some swaying their hips around to the melody of the blasting music. And he remained quiet until he felt fingers brush along the hair above his ear, gently twirling a small strand around as Erika leant in and worriedly absorbed the expression on his face.

"Aaron?" she said. "You look... uncomfortable? I think it's you who wants to leave, not just Leo."

Aaron looked at her and sighed, craning his neck for a look at the door then a quick glimpse at Leo; he was still standing beside him, slowly sipping at the cold drink.

"Erika, listen." Aaron leaned towards Erika's ear, whispering into it as the loud music overpowered. "I'm going out for just like two minutes. I just want to rest a little from all the noises and I'll be right back. Stay with Leo. Don't let him out of your sight."

"Sure."

Aaron nodded at her, then turned to Leo. "I'm going outside for a second. If you want you can come with me. Or just stay with Erika here."

Leo didn't look convinced, but he nodded tentatively nonetheless like he was trying to become less dependent on Aaron—or at least letting him move without him following around all the time. "Nah, I- I'll stay here with Erika," he finally decided. "You go, just don't take too long. Please."

"Of course." Aaron flashed him an assuring smile before turning away and filtering through the clusters of people until he was in the foyer; he fumbled for the handle and opened the door, barging out from the suffocating stuffiness and torturously loud music with a relieved sigh.

Aaron strolled a little further from the house, the repercussions of the loud chatter that mingled in with the music fading away with each step he took along the pavement; the house the party had been held in was strung along the multiple other large ones in the town, just a few blocks away from the arrangement of small flats and apartments.

He'd barely taken a few minutes to allow himself rest from the torturous ambiance in the house when he decided to go back; he knew Leo wouldn't be comfortable alone, and he didn't want to leave him there for too long. Just as he turned back, a familiar voice rang through the silent night, the first noise to ruin the serenity of outside.

"Oh, come on," the voice muttered dryly. Metal had clattered against the concrete pavement. "Are you kidding me right now?"

Aaron subconsciously turned to the source, and he squinted apprehensively as he noticed a masculine figure crouched down, slim back hunched as the person groped around for whatever he'd dropped. A small key glistened beneath the moonlight by Aaron's feet, faint white sparks and glimmers shining against his eyes. Bending, he picked it up then straightened and extended his hand out to the person.