"Malfoy." I heard Blaise's voice and I looked away immediately.

"What?" I scoffed, as I felt the annoyance on my face.

"What are you looking at?" Blaise asked, almost confused, and looked the way my eyes where just lingering but he couldn't seem to work out what or who I was looking at.

"You coming to the party Friday?" Theo asked, shoving a grape in his mouth.

"Of course I fucking am," I didn't mean to sound so angered. Or did I?

"Alright, mate! Don't get your knickers in a twist," Theo shot back.

"What you lot on about?" Adrian butted himself into the conversation, "A party? And knickers? When and where?"

"Party this Friday" Blaise responded "you in or not?"

"Of course," Adrian laughed "lots of girls to fuck and beers to drink, yeah?"

The boys laughed but I found myself looking back at the girl.

E L I Z A

"Let me see your timetable," Daphne asked, biting into her toast.

"Sure" I passed her my time table. And she examined it, comparing ours together.

"Looks like we actually have everything the same this year," she looked back up at me, a smile on her lips.

"Really?" I asked, an excited smile pulling at the corner of my lips too.

"Yeah, looks like you're staying with me today," daphne raised her brows, biting her lips.

My smile faded, "you don't have to, I don't want to bore you."

Daphne was kind but I didn't want her to feel like she had to stay with me just because our lessons were the same. The last thing I what is pity.

"Don't be silly," Daphne said, a chuckle coming from her, like she couldn't believe what I had just said.
~

We sat at the back left of the classroom and students started to fill up the seats. Daphne and I chatted among ourselves, waiting for class to begin when I notice him walk in. I immediately thought back to yesterday on the train when I walked into him like the stupid clutz I am.

He looked at me as he walked in. His gaze so intense that I couldn't look away. A gaze so long that I wondered why he was looking at me. His eyes were so cold, and intense that I knew he was most likely thinking of all the names he could call me and ways to torment me.

"You okay?" Daphne asked, a gentle hand on my own and I turned away from Draco just as he sat down.

"Yeah, fine," I answered with an assuring smile but I was honestly terrified. I've seen the way Malfoy and his friends would make people run of and cry. For the life of me, I didn't want to be one of those people.

~

Daphne lived up to her words and stayed with me the whole day. As for the first time, I don't feel so lonely or out of place. We got to know each other a little better and I didn't, for one second feel like she was pitying me. It felt real. And I liked having a friend.

We walked into DADA, this year we have it with professor Snape. It's not too bad since he has always favoured us Slytherins but we have it with the Gryffindors which is unlucky for them.

When we walked, Snape ordered us to the back of the classroom before we could take our seats. Everyone silently muttered confused questions to one another.