THIRTY-THREE

༛༺༻༛
Spotify playlist linked in bio
༛༛ ༛༺༻༛ ༛༛

E L I Z A

I woke up the following morning—a Saturday morning in the comfort of Draco's chest. After last night, I didn't want to be alone. And Blaise had stayed with Daphne and Theo and Pansy had slept in Pansy's dormitory. So it only made sense for me to sneak into the boy's dormitory and sleep with Draco.

It was nearly afternoon now though, we got back early this morning and have been sleeping since. We were so tired and so scared that sleep was all we could do. And thankfully, Draco was by my side so Noah couldn't haunt my nightmares.

I rolled onto my back and when I did, a sharp cold pain fired up my spine. I sat up instantly with a sharp gasp. It felt like someone had set my back on the fire and then placed an ice cube on it.

"What's wrong?" Draco sat up immediately and placed his hand on my shoulder. I was panting from the pain.

"I don't know," I muttered, "it's my back—"

The door opened and through my teary eyes, I saw that it was Blaise. He closed the door, his lips drowning when I took in the sight of us.

"Is she okay?" Blaise asked.

"Fuck—It hurts really bad," I muttered, my voice weak and quiet as I tried to speak through the pain.

"When she laid on her back she shot up in pain," Draco said to Blaise who now stood behind me. My hands braced in front of me and I heaved through the agony.

"—I don't know what's wrong?" Draco trembled and then placed a hand on my back and Instankt the pain intensified under his touch. My back arched against the pain and I let out a painful cry.

"Shit—I'm sorry—" Draco removed his hand but then I felt—

I pushed Draco's covers off me and then ran to the bathroom, slamming the door shut and then heaving my guts up into the toilet. My stomach jerked as I threw up an alarming anoint. My eyes were watering, my head pounding under the sweat forming on my skin.

I heard the door handle rattle—the door must have locked but I was too weak to stand up and unlock it.

Was this because of all the alcohol last night or was this because of the amount of pain I was in? Last night—then I remembered, Noah had hit me with one of his curses. And it burned icy, exactly like it was now—

Feeling the fabric of Draco's shirt clinging to the skin of my back I built up enough strength to pull the shirt over my head. Now I was in nothing but a bra but it felt the tiniest bit more relieving.

I collapsed to the floor, laying on my side as the world blurred, I tried my hardest to stay in the land of consciousness but I was fading.

The pain. . . It was too much. I cried out loud with my ears ringing, concealing the sweet sound of the world. I was so hot, but I felt my body shivering like I was laying in a middle of a snowstorm but being set alight.

Then, a cold hand was on my shoulder and I jerked and then my eyes went wide, I was weak as anything but I managed to wriggle away slightly. Noah was broached down in front of me. Black-like fog emitted from his figure.

What the hell was this?

"Ssh-ssh—" he stroked my skin like I was a weak dying dog.

All I could do was shiver and cry.

Noah's hold tilted to the side and he narrowed his eyes, his gaze darkening, "This is what you get for telling your pathetic boyfriend."

I closed my eyes, hearing his menacing laughter echo. I wished him away, feeling weak and useless. The pain was so much, this had to be a nightmare. I felt like I was falling into slumber yet I wished I could wake up from this nightmare.

D R A C O

"Fuck—unlock the door, Eliza," I yelled, yanking on the handle but it was locked.

Blaise was standing behind me, his ear against the wood, "It sounds like she's throwing up."

Panic consumed me and I stepped back and started kicking the door. I was past worrying and I felt an incredible need to get in that fucking bathroom.

The door cracked against my kick but this door was thick and it wasn't opening.

"Merlin, what the hell is wrong with her?" Blaise asked his own worry, narrowing his eyes.

"I don't know," I said but then I realized.

"What?" Blaise asked, seeing the realization that came over me.

"Last night when Noah was firing at us, one of the curses almost hit Eliza but it must have actually hit her," I explained quickly and then yanked on the handle again, hearing Eliza crying.

"Who's Noah?" Blaise asked confusedly and I realized what I had just done. Shit.

I shook my head, now wasn't the time to explain and I couldn't care right now that I just did the one thing Eliza asked me not to do. I just had to get to her, I had no idea what was happening to her or what she was doing, all I knew, is that I had to get to her.

"I'll explain later," I sneered, "we need to get this door open."

Blaise looked dazed and lost trying to figure out what to do. I kicked the door again, with all my strength and the woods cracked some more.

"I'll get my wand," I heard Blaise say. I hadn't even thought of that. Fucking hell, we could have gotten to her a lot sooner.

I kept kicking the door until blaise was back at my side, pointing his wand at the door handle and whispering, "Alohomora."

The door handle clicked and a millisecond after I was inside the bathroom, the door rebounded quickly off the wall but I was already on my knees in front of Eliza. She was lying on her side in nothing but shorts and her bra, knees to her chest and trembling against the tile floor. I noticed her back, it looked like a thousand red burns covered the entirety of her slim back. And her veins. . . Veins on her back were swirling around them.

I had never seen anything like it and I became so awfully afraid I felt sick—

"Fucking hell," Blaise whispered from behind me.

I placed my hand on her shoulder and her skin was boiling. I kept my hand on her and whispered her name. Her eyes remained closed and I wasn't sure if she was conscious anymore.

"What should we do?" Blaise asked.

"Get Snape or Promfey—" I rasped, "I don't know just get someone."

I heard Blaise run out of the bathroom and I pulled Eliza onto my lap, her body limp.

"Wake up," I pleaded, "please wake up."

-----------------------------------------------------
Copyright © Kirsten