Chapter 13:

Monica

▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼

Sherina's POV:

Did...
Did I really just get shoved out?

"What in good puddings name!" I mumble looking at the outside world. This is so uncool of Brandon.
I am a lady!
Okay maybe not a lady but I am a woman!

For the life of me, I can't understand the ways of my fellow wolves. Feeling my anger building I turn around and bang on the door.

"Brandon you hippo! I was still talking to you!" I shout out to him as I hear footsteps retreating from the door.
Deciding on my revenge was easy, I was going to get back inside and scare the sprinkles out of him. It is only fair that he pays for his behaviour.
Glancing at the door, I turn and make my way around the packhouse towards one of the open windows.

Hopping up, I managed to grab the ledge of the windowsill and started to heave myself into the room.

Being this sneaky is messing with my food!

'It would be easier to just walk through the door you know.' That voice mumbled in the back of my mind.
I did consider that, however what kind of ninja just walks in through the front door?

Not this ninja!

With one last tilt I tumbled into the room.

"Thump,"

I hit the ground with a loudly but flattened out under the window. Lifting my head, I scanned it to make sure no one witnessed my ninja flaws. Sniffling a little I saw particles spurting as I breathed.
Zoning out of the dust particles and in on the whole room. I saw no one, me attention to the room returned, there was white covers over all the furniture and dust everywhere.

No one has been in here for years.

Life isn't meant to last long, the evidence of the importance that this person held within the pack is visible through the care taken to cover everything.
Even the portraits were covered, almost like they were expecting the person to return, and they never did.
At first glance one would think the person who once resided here was dead, but there was a faint scent.

It smelt strangely familiar?
Like my nose knew who it was.

"Okay this is creepy, time to go." I mumbled to myself and slowly tiptoed towards the door. Grasping the handle, I sent a prayer to whoever took the time to listen to my crazy booty right now up there.

"Please don't let the door make a sound,"

Bending the handle, I gave a small tug, being met with resistance.
I tugged again.
Nothing!

'It's locked you idiot,' The voice in my head grumbled at me.
Well fluff me over and stab my eyes out.
I'm locked in here!
'You came in through the window...'
I swear this voice was only placed within my mind to make me feel incompetent.

***

Damien's POV:

Staring in at Alpha Alpha's abode, I was not at all impressed with the state of the packhouse when we passed. It looked as if a rampage happened down here.
Turning to Brandon, I gave him an irritated look.

"What the fuck happened in here?" Zack voiced my observations sounding equally disturbed as my thoughts were.
Swallowing, Brandon turned his gaze to the pack chef, while shaking his head.

"The chef and the shewolf who just left were at a very interesting disagreement before your arrival. It will be clean before the meeting is over." He vaguely replied but kept walking, a bit faster this time.

"Your mate did this? Damn, I think I like her already." Jordan stated through the mind link.
Zack pounced his shoulder and gave him a look that got him to keep his thoughts to himself. Speaking of my mate, I still need to find a way to get her to break.
That sounds a bit harsh...
But my case is different, I need to break her before she will feel the bond.

Gruffly we followed after him while not mentioning the state that my mate left the place. Entering Alpha Alpha's office, the aura shifted from irritated to serious.
Alpha has not changed much over the years, but he does not hold as much power as my pack does.

"Damien, do come in. Brandon that will be all for now." He said and Brandon gave a stiff nod before rushing out the room.

"It has been a long time indeed, but it is Alpha Damien now." I replied not holding back my snarl or my demon eyes. I felt them flashing and saw Alpha's own widening.
With a gulp, I noted the sweat breaking over his forehead.

"This should be a swift visit" I linked my members before cutting them out again. They understood my intentions and made themselves scarce.
"I am still shocked by the lack of respect. Alpha Alpha." I kept my eyes straight on him as he bowed his head. He knew his mistake and that no demon would take an apology.
To us an apology is the same quality as rendering yourself a slave. Receiving one from another, makes them yours until their debt is paid to the views of the demon.

"Thump,"

Both of us froze, It came from the room to the left, The Alpha broke out of his trance and continued pulling out a file, laying it out on the table before me as he stood up.

"I will be back in a short moment. Read over these." He said before leaving the office. 

×♥×♥×

vote and comment my sugarcubes

×♥×♥×

Lizabeth