Chapter 4:

▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼

Sherina's POV:

While I was in a meeting with Alpha Samuel, pertaining my birthday ball, he spaced out of what I was saying for a few minutes. It was his idea to have as many of our pack members there to support me through the painful transition.

Apparently coming of age sucks more than broccoli for dinner.

Ah the art of the Mind link. Do angels have them too, or is it just a wolf thing? Opening my mouth to ask Sam if he knew I was quieted down as he started talking.

"We will finish this conversation later, Luke called me-" he stood up walking around his table to the door. "-be ready for an interrogation Rina." With that said he left running out the front door.

Walking to my very be-glittered interview room, I sat down on my usual spot waiting for Sam to come back, I don't know why I would need to wait here though. He usually deals with the problems on site especially if it is probably rogue attack somewhere near the borders.

***

Sam came back with a girl...
Eh why the fluff does he have a girl?

Sniffing the air lightly I resisted the urge to pinch my nose shut, I rephrase my statement.
Not girl but rogue shewolf.
I have never seen a female rogue before that has survived outside of a pack of rogues.

This, this should be good.

'Who is she and why isn't she dead yet for crossing the border?' I linked Sam while eyeing the girl that is with him.

'She's Luke's mate.' He linked back looking a bit disgruntled by the whole ordeal and instantly my eyes widened as I stared at the shewolf in question. She was no less than eighteen years of age, older than me. That sucks for her, being interrogated by a minor.

At Least my awesome sauce personality makes up for it.

"Take a seat. This won't take long or be painful." Sam said and the shewolf sat down instantly. She looked from Sam to me and back before dropping her gaze to the table. Strange? She can't be scared of me, Luke will try to kill me if she tells him I scare her!
I didn't even prank her yet. Pouting slightly, I felt annoyed and sad by her reactions. Placing a firm hand on my shoulder Alpha Sam squeezed lightly as if to encourage me to not take her behaviour personally.

"When you have received all you can, Rina show her to his room and whatnot," with that he left the room.

"Why didn't your alpha kill me?" She said in a weak voice once I sat back down in my chair. Having no need to lie to the poor girl I cleared my throat before answering in a happy tone.

"He believes you are someone in the pack's mate, my best friend's actually." I said looking her straight in the eyes. Realisation dawned on me, " Holy sugar cubes! My best friend has a mate!" I shouted holding my head in shock.

"That's why I had this pull to go into the east side of your land! I can't believe it!" She said looking happier now too.

"Yes, it is! Now it's my turn to ask the questions, okay." She nodded at my statement and kept her mouth shut for the remainder of the interrogation, only answering when I asked questions that are on the standard list of procedures.

"Why are you a rogue and how long have you been one?" I asked concluding the longest interrogation ever! Okay, maybe not ever but I am hungry so give a girl a break. Those are the only questions I need answered really.

Simply put it was Sam that made it a point to ask all the questions on this two-page list. Upon hearing my question, she looked down almost as if she is ashamed of it.

"I've been for a day now my alpha kicked me out because I didn't listen at all to him." She laughs and so did I.

"Well, I have no more to ask because I rarely listen to Alpha Sam either! However, he has a heart of gold and wouldn't have it in him to leave me to the wildlife." I said smiling. She giggled and together we made our way to Luke's room.

"Oh, I almost forgot! My names Sherina!" I said smiling and giggling with her. "I'm Monica!" She said happily.

I gave her a tour of the house and instructed her on the time schedules we all have for training and turns for doing the housework. She was smiling and greeting everyone along the way.

"I think she will be happy here Alpha,"

I linked the update on how Monica is to Sam. He gave no reply, but I took it as a good sign. At Luke's door she burst in and sniffed the air.

"Mate?" She whispered looking around the room in her search, but when she found nothing, she turned her gaze back at me with those brown eyes making a pouty face.

She looks like a baby!

Awe.

"Where is he?" She asked in a sad voice. Oh sherbets! I see tears. Thinking fast I recalled all our lessons on mates from the elders in the pack.

Yeah... I have nothing, my mind is a blank here.

'Idiot, give her something that smells like Luke." Nodding to myself I was glad that the voice in my head was better during stressful moments.

Thank you, loyal voice of mine! I shouted in my mind before turning my attention back to Monica.
"He's patrolling the border, but he'll be back in a few minutes." I said walking to his closet, pulling out a long shirt I threw it to her.

"Here-" she caught it smiling through her tears, she sniffled a bit while breathing softly "-the bathroom is in there, have fun tonight!" I shouted walking to the door.

"Thank you, Rina." She said softly. "You're welcome Nica." I said closing the door softly. I ran down the stairs when the water turned on.

Outside Luke sat looking nervous as ever. "Stop stressing about her lover boy, she's in your room." I said while making my way towards the kitchen. Before getting far Luke jumped up and hugged me.

"Thanks Rina, for looking after her. What's her name?" He asked looking just as happy as she did.
"Her names Monica and she is probably missing you. I'm so happy for you Luke!" I shouted slightly at the end as he left to go to his room.

***

Holy fluff balls on sugar sticks! A smile made its way onto my face at the sight of a beautiful piece of machinery sitting outside of the pack house.

This means even better news struck our group of friends. When we got confirmation from Carl that he got his motorcycle back! He didn't say it, but he held his keys up while smirking like a true idiot.
After crashing it last week in the street race, he refused to get us takeout until it was returned to him from the mechanics.

Longest week of our lives,

It is safe to say that in our group he's our one and only bad boy, but Sam doesn't mind and neither do we. As long as we get to party with him when he wins with takeout as the treat.

I didn't see Luke or Monica at lunch or dinner but none of us went up those bloody stairs, fearing what we might walk in on.

"-came down you won't believe how fast I came down those stairs!" Justin said looking absolutely disgusted.

"Yeah, I heard them to!" I said with a shrug looking at them all. They were more grossed out with weird things than I am with my birthday. "Sleepover at our house it is then." Said the twins and we all looked relieved to say the least.

Walking away from them to go get my sleepover bag at my house.

'I will see y'all later!' I mentally shouted through the link.

×♥×♥×

vote and comment my sugarcubes

×♥×♥×

Lizabeth