Chapter 16:

Damien's POV:

Stupid demon, I warned you we would regret it!

What do we do if she doesn't fucking wake up!

Ranting with a rage in my own mind against myself isn't something that I have to do often. Only on small occasions when my demon is being an idiot and loses control.
Pacing the length of the kitchen I felt a pair of eyes follow every movement.
The Beta, another growl starts to rumble in my chest. I should have just stayed in that fucking office, surrounded by dust and papers.
Fuck!

"That floor needs to be there for another hundred years Alpha Damien." stopping for a split second, I shot him a glare.

"I don't give a damn about your floors Brandon." with a sigh I ran a hand through my hair.
I need to have a chat with Alpha Alpha. Letting slip that Sherina is my mate leaves them as a liability that I can't kill.

Shouldn't have signed those fucking papers.
Shouldn't have left my house.

"She doesn't know, does she?" Brandon's question drew my attention.
He kept a blank face, making my anger grow.
"She does not and none of you will tell her." I state straightening out my shirt.
"But Alpha Damien, you can't be ser-" raising my hand, I cut Brandon off.
"She must learn this for herself and no one should influence her choice." I concluded before departing from the kitchen.

She will choose me.
I will make sure of it.

Walking back into the room I saw the doctor shocking my mate's chest, she has to wake up!

Growling I was about to have a go at him when I saw her eyes flutter open. Breathing slowly to hide my sigh I waited as the doctor celebrated in both fear and joy.

"It worked! We have her back!" He shouted as he put away his machine. Zoning out his voice my mind focused on the fact that she is alive.
'I told you everything would be fine' my demon declared smugly. Cutting off our communication I decided to torture him later, by torturing myself with a dip in holy water.

"Grah-gnn-vergnnn!" The sound of coughing drew my attention back to my mate that was on the floor blinking at us.
The cough had erupted from Sherina.
She's in obvious pain, glaring at Brandon too. She placed a hand on her throat, frowned while rubbing it slightly.
This caused my fuze to flare alive once more.

Stupid control lacking demon!
You will have us both tortured you coward!
'She will heal, get over it already,'
She would be better if you just let me handle things!

A nurse handed her a glass filled with water. "Don't try talking dearie, your vocals are still in pain. Not to mention the fact that you almost die-" A loud growl from me cut the nurse off.

Glancing at me she shook with fear but managed to help Sherina up before she ran off after the doctor.

Her cold stare landed on me and I said the first thing that came to mind. "I apologize," a slight smirk found it's way onto Brandon's face.
"What he means is he didn't try to kill you, his demon just took over." Growling at his comment, my fist rose ready to punch his face in.

"No."

Our attention was on Sherina again. Brandon took a step forward.
"Rina I didn't mea-" all she did was shake her head at us.
"Alpha." Was all she said before bowing her head and walking past us towards his office.

***
Sherina's POV:
Two timing hippo...
tossing me out like a sack of potatoes and his evil snickerdoodle faced demon thingy trying to kill me like I am not the sexiest thing in the room!

I am aware that my thoughts were just a flare to boost my nearly dead esteem, but I was not happy with either of the idiots out there right now.

I will have revenge, but first I want Alpha to make me a cake because of his rude Beta and guest.
Even though it is kinda my fault for breaking back in, but a sugarcubes chance in hot water am I going to tell them that.
Making my way into Alpha Alpha's office I took one look at him before flopping onto a chair.

"You owe me a cake. A big ass chocolate cake covered in sprinkles." I stated before sighing in content.
"Yes, I owe you my apology as well Sherina, but it will be written on a cake." Alpha Alpha stated as he read some papers.
He didn't look very pleased but I didn't question him or his papers.
"I will take my cake to go, my friends told me to stay away from that man out there." I said reluctantly standing up.
I caught Alpha frowning at my words as I walked out. Down stairs in the dining room I heard Brandon and Alpha Damien arguing but the smell of chocolate drew my attention to Patrick in the kitchen.

"One cake to go," he smiled while handing me a small cake covered in tiny frosted apologies.
Smiling at the sight of it I took it and walked out the front door.

Revenge can wait, I need a bath and some of this yumminess.