Chapter 9:

Brandon's wolf 

▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼

Sherina's POV:

Breaking down low branches as I walked past them, I tried to keep my mind distracted and unfortunately for the trees this was my solution for the boredom hanging in my soul.

"How much further till we reach the pack house, because I think if we keep going, you'll have to carry me." I said to the guy, his name is apparently Brandon.

Why couldn't parents name us after candy!

Glancing Brandon over, I assessed that the only candy he would resemble was a caramel pop tart...

I found out his name about an hour into our walk. I just couldn't shut up and now? Now I'm just plain bored! Okay, that is a lie, I am only bored when I am hung-
"ghrrggh!" my stomach silently grumbled causing me to frown.
Great! Now I am hungry!
Hearing a chuckle, my frown deepened but I chose to ignore Brandon.

"How much further till you carry me," I mumble out. Trust me, I feel like we've been walking for-fluffen-ever but it's only been about two hours so far.

"Like hell, I won't carry you! Why don't we just shift and run. It would be faster?" He asks turning towards me.

I instantly started to shake my head 'no' and looked ahead of us. He growled out angrily, I have been shaking my head at his requests for a long time. Sighing I explained this time, hoping he won't use it against me.
"I haven't shifted yet, but my birthday is in less than two days now." I said smiling up at him.

If I'm being honest, I really don't know what will happen on my birthday.

Not only with the party but how I'm going to shift.

Like how will I look?

Will I be an angel or a wolf?

Or both combined!

Ugh, okay I did not need that image in my mind.

As we continued, I walked with a little skip in my step, so it looks like I'm trying to walk faster.

Don't get me wrong, I like taking my time with shit, I'm only doing this so he can stop complaining about not being able to shift.

I don't know why I didn't just turn around and ran back home when I saw him, I mean he could be leading me to my doom, and I don't even care! There must be something wrong with me, but until I figured out what it is, I'll just go with my guess, that my curiosity got the better of me and that I am following a total stranger to his alpha because it sounded interesting to me.

Crazy right!

Then again, I'm not all to scared of another packs alpha cause I've never met one.

I think I'm more excited about it anyways.

***

Looking up from the ground, I caught sight of lights in the distance.

I started to run, past Brandon while he shouted "Slow down you! The house isn't going to disappear anywhere!"

Even after I heard him, I was still running with a smile on my face that there was someone else in the woods other than Brandon and myself. "I don't care about if it's going to disappear any time soon, I want food and you can't stop me!" I yelled back at him.

Hearing his footsteps, I knew he ran after me.

When I reached the door, I was panting like a real dog! "Damn I need to start working out." I mumbled to myself, mentally adding it to my to do list. "It wasn't that bad, I thought you were trying to get away!" Brandon states chuckling at my current bent over position on the porch.

"Yeah, your right but if only I wasn't hungry." I said in a thoughtful manner.

Barging into their pack house, I ignored everyone else's glares and growling at my presence in the room.

I made a beeline towards the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip muffins.

Only a few meters away from the kitchen I came across a large well-toned man with golden eyes and black hair.

I looked at him and at the kitchen door, he was blocking my way, then it actually set in that this wasn't like our pack house back home and I wasn't part of this pack.

The man in front of me looked behind me and asked "What do you think you're doing, Brandon?-"

Ohm no, I got him in trouble, the man looked down at me for a second then back at Brandon.

"-Bringing an outsider to our pack house, are you fucking crazy!" His voice going louder at each word.

"I found her on our territory Patrick, so if you don't mind, I have to get Alpha to sort this out." Brandon said in a very calm voice, it almost scared me. The guy, Patrick, moved aside for him to pass and in that moment, I dashed into the kitchen.

I grabbed the plate full of muffins and started to devour them one at a time.

"These are really good!" I shouted to no one in particular seeing as no one was in the kitchen with me.

Hearing footsteps, I saw Patrick walk towards me with a death glare on his face. "Give me my muffins you stranger!" He shouted trying to grab the plate from my hands, but I moved fast and was behind the one side of the table in the blink of an eye. He was flabbergasted for a second before locating me again.

I looked him in the eyes before taking a bite of my second muffin. A low growl was heard, and his stare grew colder.

"Come and get them tiger!" I shouted getting into an attacking position, just like I did with the boys back home.

We fight over food... a lot.

I would say it is a slight problem.

However, it is a mass problem then.

Just like them, he came at me and we ran in circles around the table.

×♥×♥×

vote and comment my sugarcubes

×♥×♥×

Lizabeth